• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonica River guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one of their A.Verner styled stocks for my squirrel gun. Wood quality was excellent. I had them drill the ramrod channel for me since I don't have the skull to do that. The channel had a bad wander in it, which caused the lock mortise to enter it when I inletted for the lock. Had I been right handed, this wouldn't have been an issue. Since I'm left handed it became an issue. I was able to correct it, but for the money I paid for it, I expected better.

Would I buy from them again, yes I would. But I won't be getting them to drill any more ramrod holes.

Very good experiences with them since the 1980’s for me, though the ramrod hole on three of my five Pecatonica stocks runs smack dab into the forward lock bolt. ( I use a threaded ramrod extender for field loading).
Their wood is very good quality and most of the inletting is done but you will definitely have some work to do on them nonetheless.

Gents, any opinions on the quality of Pecatonicas offerings? Customer wants me to build a kit for them.
They offer kit's like everyone else, and they supply stocks for most of the competition.
They are the same as all the others, you won't find a better supplier, because all the suppliers offer the same things.
If your customer wants Pecatonica,,(?) go for it. No problems.
In all honesty,, look for items/parts that are "back-ordered",, you may have to search several suppliers to find an item in-stock.

I used one of their A.Verner styled stocks for my squirrel gun. Wood quality was excellent. I had them drill the ramrod channel for me since I don't have the skull to do that. The channel had a bad wander in it, which caused the lock mortise to enter it when I inletted for the lock. Had I been right handed, this wouldn't have been an issue. Since I'm left handed it became an issue. I was able to correct it, but for the money I paid for it, I expected better.

Would I buy from them again, yes I would. But I won't be getting them to drill any more ramrod holes.
I believe the Kibler kits are the apex of quality for kits at this point. He seems to have ironed out all the bugs that bedeviled people who weren't expert builders.

Gents, any opinions on the quality of Pecatonicas offerings? Customer wants me to build a kit for them.
thanks
Phil
I have made several of them, for myself and others; very pleased with every one of them. I currently have; Pecatonica .40 Leman squirrel rifle, 20 gua Chief grade trade gun, .58 Jaeger, .75 Blunderbus.

I have been doing business with Pecatonica for many years. Quality of stocks have always been better than I expected. Their pre-carved stocks will get you into the ball park but there will still be plenty of work to do. They carry & supply the same parts as TOTW and others and some things (in their catalog) that no one else does. Great people to deal with!

I have had two of their precarves, minor issues with one, horrific issues with the other, too many to mention.

My only advice is to not let them cut the lock inlet, bad things can happen, do it yourself so it will be in the right place.

I'm working on one of their pre-carves that was supplied with barrel, lock, and DST that has been on the back burner for about 5 years.:rolleyes: I have no complaints about the barrel inlet, lock inlet, and its looking like my front lock screw will miss the ramrod channel.

I wish I hadn't had them inlet the tang as I wish now that it was a little shorter and shaped differently.

Back