• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parrot Vice $45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this, went to Amazon and ordered one. I used my points and it will cost me $17.21 delivered. Probably not the best vise in the world but even at the full sale price it's a deal.

I've been looking at that style of vise, but also a pattern makers vise. Really don't have space on my bench for more than one, and leaning towards the parrot vise for versatility. With leather or wood in the jaws, is the 4 1/2 opening ever too small?

I've been looking at that style of vise, but also a pattern makers vise. Really don't have space on my bench for more than one, and leaning towards the parrot vise for versatility. With leather or wood in the jaws, is the 4 1/2 opening ever too small?
Doubt you’d ever need more than 4”, even on a plank build. I rarely need more than 3”.

It now says unavailable & no idea if/when it'll be available again.

I think they said 6 were available when I ordered mine last night. At a price that was way under what others were selling the same vise for they didn't last long. I wouldn't expect to see them back at that price.

I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sure a cast vice is fine for wood working, and if the only guns you work on are MLs you don't need a precision gun vice. Google it.

Back