• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Painting a stock.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Evil, may we call you Uncle Evil?
I don‘t like that stock but since I don’t understand demonic symbolism, my opinion comes from a perception of ignorance.
Wait till you see the inlayed German silver pentagram on the other side. AND the bore mikes at .666"!

runaway.gif

Have you ever seen or heard about original Northwest Trade guns with a painted stock?

It seems to me that I have read about them somewhere, but I can't remember where. I am trying to locate some documentation on their existence. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George

I painted a rimfire stock once that I used for target shooting. I painted lacquer over enamel and it cracked everywhere. Frustrated, I walked away from it. A day or two later I checked on it and to my surprise the paint had hardened, so I cleared over it. Most people that seen it liked it and a few even tried to copy it. Not likely for traditional muzzleloaders, but worthy of note the results if lacquer is painted over enamel.

Crackle-Lacquer.jpg

Have you ever seen or heard about original Northwest Trade guns with a painted stock?

It seems to me that I have read about them somewhere, but I can't remember where. I am trying to locate some documentation on their existence. Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George
Some Williamsburg documents mention it as well as some museum of the Fur trade documents.

Thanks,
George
Search for info on the Bumford trade gun that was painted with vine patterns. John Bumford from England.

Painted stocks did exist with some Native Americans. Blue was the preferred color I believe. I’ve seen some great native persona that did it really well. So, depending on your persona if you have one go for it. Most are just shooters

Back