• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ordered my colt 1851 navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irataylor

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Ordered a 2nd generation "C" series colt 1851 navy. S/N 12201. Cost a pretty penny, but I just had to have it. Of course once I shoot it (and shoot it I will) its "collection value" will plumet.

1207866.jpg

I had a '51 Navy and a Dragoon that I sold to a buddy a few years ago. They were unturned, except for factory, when I sold them. I asked if he was going to keep them that way and he replied that they were guns and as such were going to be used. For the price he got them for, he should still come out OK if he should decide to sell.

ittaylor said:
Ordered a 2nd generation "C" series colt 1851 navy.

ittaylor - if you don't mind my asking, where did you order the gun from?

Gun Shop
Tucker GA
1-888-207-2220

I believe they have several other
signature series and 2nd generation colts.

:v That was the decision I had to make as to shoot the new Colt Repro's and decrease their value. However, I decided a long time ago that a repro was meant to be fired, the original is to be endeared and stored properly. So I did the very same thing and fired my Colts. There is an ( expletive deleted ) member of my gun club who delights in spending big bucks on originals and then proceeds to fire them. Every once in a while he blows one up as he recently did with a SA Colt, which cost in the vicinity of $3000, he loaded the cartridge with a full service load of modern powder---duh!!! :thumbsup:

ittaylor said:
Gun Shop
Tucker GA
1-888-207-2220

I believe they have several other
signature series and 2nd generation colts.

Thank you, sir.

However, my wife would like to state for the recored that she is not pleased.

Got my colt navy yesterday. It is one well built/fitted revolver. I am very pleased with it. I was surprised at the front sight, it is a round small post. It will be interesting to see what the POI is. I was unable to use my nipple wrench I use on my 80 Colt, I had another kind that worked (the original screwdriver/nipple wrench). My Rem #10 caps slide right on/off with no resistence. Are there smaller caps out there. I though that Rem #10's were smaller than CCI's. I am going to have to pinch the caps significantly to get them to stay on.

Wellon Monday my house was broken into and my colt handgun along with 6 other bp guns were taken. Now that sucks to put it mildly.

I've 'enjoyed' that experience twice now...total bummer. Only consolation was they were covered under the 'Home Owners" policy. Doesn't begin to replace one-of-a-kind pieces, but it's a start. Sorry to hear of your loss! :(

ittaylor said:
Well on Monday my house was broken into and my colt handgun along with 6 other bp guns were taken. Now that sucks to put it mildly.
Agreed! But I suppose even the dumbest thief would look for a firearm when breaking into a home in Texas. Sorry for your loss, but it serves as a reminder to all of us that unless you keep your firearms in a safe, they are probably not that secure. :shake:

Taylor that really sucks! The first thing I did when I moved into population was buy a big safe. I don't leave anything out when I'm not home. I hope your insurance covers them.

All the more reason to keep them strapped to you hip. Sorry for your loss; some people have no scruples. I hope your insurance covers your loss.

I had a similar thing happen to me some 30years ago and was the impetus to finally buy a good gun safe that I kept putting off as unnecessary.
It is over flowing now but at least they most likely will not get them all. MD

Wow man, so sorry for your loss......I don't know what I'd do if my guns were taken :shake: Hopefully your insurance will cover and allow you to replace some or all of your firearms.

gh

this is why I do not keep all my eggs in one basket

I am sure that if I get robbed I will lose some guns, but I am also sure they will not get them all. They would have to spend way more time searching this place to find the really good hidey holes than the standard issue bandit is willing to spend in a residence.
I learned a trick from my dad; always leave something easy to steal that is worth the thief's time, but stash important stuff in unconventional or difficult to get to places. Over the years I have occasionally lost an item or two to thieves, but I never have been cleaned out following this advice.

Back