• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt Second Generation 1851 Navy - Missing Accessories

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaxspore

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

I won an auction on a 1851 colt Second Generation C series. I think I did good on the price however it is missing the accessories (see picture)
1705937330565.png

What it should look like:

I am looking for suggestions on filling in the accessories, the flask should be the easiest to source; or should I just leave it be.

Comments as always much appreciated.

Last edited:
Nice win! I did the same thing you’re looking to do and I was surprised how difficult it was to find authentic 2nd gen accessories. My source has primarily been eBay. How much money do you want to spend? Be prepared for a lot of competition and high prices. If you don’t care about authentic 2nd gen then I think you’ll easily find what you need at reasonable prices, from both eBay and the usual sources such as Dixie Gun Works. Good luck!

Nice win! I did the same thing you’re looking to do and I was surprised how difficult it was to find authentic 2nd gen accessories. My source has primarily been eBay. How much money do you want to spend? Be prepared for a lot of competition and high prices. If you don’t care about authentic 2nd gen then I think you’ll easily find what you need at reasonable prices, from both eBay and the usual sources such as Dixie Gun Works. Good luck!

For me it doesn't have to be 100% authentic and complete, I would be happy just as a place holder ie a current manufactured flask, a place holder for caps ie Remington 10s or 11s. My main concern is the tool / ball caster that would fill the role. Part of me wants to get it together the other part is just enjoy it as it is. I did get it for a good price compared to 100% complete so I can't complain.

For me it doesn't have to be 100% authentic and complete, I would be happy just as a place holder ie a current manufactured flask, a place holder for caps ie Remington 10s or 11s. My main concern is the tool / ball caster that would fill the role. Part of me wants to get it together the other part is just enjoy it as it is. I did get it for a good price compared to 100% complete so I can't complain.
I’m not trying to take advantage of your post but I can probably help you with everything you need. I will only ask for prices to recover what I’ve paid. Send me a PM if you’re interested.

Incidentally you did well just getting the Colt case. I had the most difficulty finding one of those!

Back