• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Olde Eynsford Black Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Swiss is best performance, I suppose that’s good as it’s availability will be better in future I’m sure.

Still hard to find Swiss right now.

As for as OE, I noticed that it burns cleaner that regular Goex but simply looking at my hands after a match. With Goex, after loading 30 rounds, hands are very black with the wiping between shots, etc. OE, much less and with Swiss, my hands are nearly unsmudged.

I did- Yet that’s only one test result, hence “Not so sure” as some other test I’ve seen show different. Some Roa test showing different fps not in favor of OE

No Offense
Excellent Powder and Your Post shows that.
I’m sure you have much more experience in this that i
Not exactly sure where you read those tests, but that single test you mention is certainly way off from multiple tests done in many locations, by different people , shooting a multitude of different guns.

But unless something positive happens with the Goex brand it's all a mute point anyway, as there is supposed to be one last shipment of the OE powder about anytime now and when it and the other Goex brands are gone from the magazines, that's it..

Herb and Ranch. I provided the information many post ago on this thread.

I’ll take your Knowledge and direct information from your test over hearsay.

I do agree - Moot point

Guess I’ve become a hoarder I’ve got around 30 pounds laid up and around 8000 percussion caps. Could use some musket caps though.
Anyone local want to trade percussion for musket. Four wing

one tine RWS 1075+ for 1 tin musket
2 tins CCI #11 for 1 tin musket.
The RWS are 250 caps to a tin.
I’ll also trade 3F for 2F. Pound for pound.
Muzzliaders.com has Schuetzen musket caps in stock… $8.99/100

Very interesting thread Though I cant add much to it & Ime currently useing 1960 s vintage Curtis & Harvey Number 4 which I recall was dropped at that time But it keeps OK & I dried & mixed 7 pounds as batches could vary . I was in Rhodesia ,A good country gone to pack. The usual African .' One man one vote, one time only 'then forever & ever Amin ,Milton Abote & the likes of Magarbage . I had a double 577 3 " UL hammer never shot it was out of India stock did use a DB Lang in 3 & a quarter BP Express only used it after Roos in Queensland bit over kill .
. Regards Rudyard

Muzzliaders.com has Schuetzen musket caps in stock… $8.99/100
Good price, LGS gets $11.95 or $12.95 a hundred for CCI, unfortunately that company uses every hazmat fee and signature fee so it’s $30 to ship $45 worth of merchandise. That’s if I buy 500 caps.
Anybody in RI want to split a 1000 order. 50/50.

I bought a couple pounds of OE at Dixon’s this summer. I tried it for the first time today. OE shot consistently 5” higher groups than regular Goex. I have no explanation. Both were 2f.
Jim, the explanation is that OE is superior to GOEX. I hope we don’t lose it, but if Swiss holds up its high quality, we will be ok. OE and Swiss shoot almost identically for most people.

Back