• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

OLD original barrels - what to build?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below in fine higledey pigel dy order are Algerian Mookhalah Arab toe lock the lock off a blanket in 1980s
Shawnee State Forest NMLRA' Eastern' I made the battery & Chisled Bridle its stock discarded as 'rubbish' the rest got up years later . The Scots is' part on' but a big duck gun, The many banded barrel off a Moroccan Kabyle originally made from US Springfield rejects robbed of the breach ends & lock nothing came with the stock but the Belgium trade lock was evidently made to Yous up such guns so a useable rifle for nothing but my patience and pleasure of saveing the bits from obscurity .Note both tangs have what looks like 2525 its actually written backwards and means ' La Bess' viz ' No Evil ' the equivalent of our' its cool !' or at least my Moroccan helper when I worked on Gilbralter early 1965 told me .The' Crown VR 'is pure 'Tell a lie "as my friends' in Cawnpore put it politely . The Persian ? flint lock with a trigger guard was the lock & a fairly good rifled bore ex Major Corry,s gatherings . Whether the original makers would thank me ? No idea but I like to think so.
Muesing Rudyard

1712801225603.png

1712801213013.png

1712801202789.png

1712801189993.png
1712801180817.png

1712801161552.png

None of my business, But l still think this spiralled barrel is too early for a miquelet lock. Touch hole is on the top at present. It'll take some serious altering.
You might have misinterpreted my posts ... as I am using the old octagonal swamped barrel for the Miquelet lock (Post #34 on Pg 2).

The twisted barrel will be an early Arquebus of some form, but I most welcome the best suggestions for this barrel, given that the touch hole is indeed right up on top.

Rudyard: Great looking guns !!!! Really like the Algerian one. Interesting how they made their stocks only 2/3rd's or so the length to the muzzle. Also, their big locks were only about 2/3rd's inlet into the mortise. Super impressive guns - ALL.

Rick

Dale
Apologies, I got my wires crossed!

It would be fantastic to see a similar barrel stocked up in its original state. But apart from that its just a case of deciding how you think you will like it best!

Very cool thread ....very interesting . Ken Netting gave me an original Oct. to round 20 ga. , 36" barrel .... Let's see ....think Id like to make , uhmmm .....a N.W. trade gun !!! LOL !! ... Hopefully one day ... we'll see . Love to watch the builds of these two barrels in this thread Dale !!! Oh yeah !! :)

Back