• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

old dog, new trick

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that I lied about my little rifle. Douglas barrels have 1:66 twist, not 1:70. I've been shooting my smoothbore for so long that rifle talk is a foreign language.

Gotta watch me, I do that now and then.

Spence

Spence, sometime ago I gave you some information on J.D.Thompson which I found out Saturday morning was wrong.I told you that J.D. had died some time ago. I visited one of my friends' deercamp and he told me that J.D. was alive and well(around 80 now) and is now tying fly lures.He had been told wrong--J.D.'s wife had passed, not him.Anyhow, my friend is going to contact his daughter who lives in Arkansas--her husband has all of J.D.'s gunmaking supplies. Could I be so lucky as to stumble upon a Haddaway lock that was left over?

reddog97 said:
I told you that J.D. had died some time ago. I visited one of my friends' deercamp and he told me that J.D. was alive and well(around 80 now) and is now tying fly lures.
That's good news, reddog. If you find out anything about him, I'd certainly appreciate a note. I'd love to meet him if he's available, see if he can tell me anything about my gun. I bought it used and have no history on it back of that time.

Spence

Good shootin' Spence. :thumbsup:
Good story and a heck of a nice buck.

Every time a deer I have shot did the bucking bronco kick it has been a heart shot. Never saw one do that on a lung shot.

Back