• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oils?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eutycus

Cannon
Reaction score
The other day my wife was discarding old outdated cooking oils. She pointed to the 4-5 bottles on the counter and said to "get rid of them". None of these oils are rancid yet, just a little beyond the expiration date. You can guess what I have in mind. All of the partial bottles would probably fit in one of the bigger bottles.Can you mix Olive, Canola, Corn oils?

Be sure to tell us how that went, we like pictures.
1692375434504.png

She used to work in the commissary at a local Children's Home. State Law made them throw out any foodstuffs that were nearing the expiration date. A few years ago one could send them to orphanages in Mexico but Texas put a stop to that.
Expiration dates have always been arbitrary. But that is changing. My daughter works in the food industry (at a high level with or company). She say Congress is working on legislation that will accurately reflect the useful, and safe, dates for food.

The other day my wife was discarding old outdated cooking oils. She pointed to the 4-5 bottles on the counter and said to "get rid of them". None of these oils are rancid yet, just a little beyond the expiration date. You can guess what I have in mind. All of the partial bottles would probably fit in one of the bigger bottles.Can you mix Olive, Canola, Corn oils?

You are wasting good oil, just tell her you are the boss and tell her to get back in the kitchen, are you a man or a mouse

Back