October Shoot

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Yes thank you Russell. Just another example of why muzzleloaders are the best people in the world.

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to try to get out tomorrow to the range. We are supposed to get rain, so I'll have to see how much we are getting.

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Im going to assume since I havent received any targets yet this one was a bust.. (Russel I know yours is coming)

I'll get something fun for next month and get you guys back at the range!

For you hunters, a good elk or venison steak is worth extra points ;p (kidding)

Maven

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Adui, I sent you two of the October targets the other day, but I don't want you to consider them record or official targets. Here's why: Even with darkened candle flames on one target, and pieces of orange target dots on the candle flames on the other, I could barely see them and essentially guessed at where the flames were. Compounding that, I shot both kneeling, with my right elbow on the shooting bench rather than offhand. I.e., there's no way I could have hit either the candles or flames, which I couldn't really see, offhand.

As a suggestion, the NMLRA 25 yd. postal match target (offhand) is excellent for our purposes and can readily be seen at the distance we use.

Btw, I'm Maven, or used to be. Maybe that screen name will be restored soon?

Maven

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Im going to assume since I havent received any targets yet this one was a bust.. (Russel I know yours is coming)

I'll get something fun for next month and get you guys back at the range!

For you hunters, a good elk or venison steak is worth extra points ;p (kidding)

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, the ability to upload here will make custom targets easier.

Maven, thank you! is that the normal size on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper?

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm losing hope that I'm going to get out. Dang responsibilities and life keep getting in the way.

Should have just shot it at Rendezvous.

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Cant figure out how to quote.. But I hear ya Silky!! Life gets in the way TOO often!!

Kansas Jake

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I too was unable to get mine shot this month. I will get one done next month. I just didn't want you to wait for mine.

Adui

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. I received targets from Maven, and Russell_Schaffer. Are there any others out that I dontd have?

russellshaffer

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm with Maven on this one. I also just guessed at my aim point and any hits were as much due to poor shooting as anything else. So, no prizes for this one????

58 Caliber

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The weather and my time did not work this month. No targets for me. :rolleyes:

Dave

Maven

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Maven on this one. I also just guessed at my aim point and any hits were as much due to poor shooting as anything else. So, no prizes for this one????
Miserable target, but I beg to be disqualified, as I was only able to hit the candle and/or flame by kneeling with my right arm supported by the bench. And, .58caliber was correct about the weather, which made it especially difficult to find any range time. OTOH, the November target looks much more promising!