• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NON Firing Brown Bess for School Presentations. Needs to appear authentic!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Yosemite Chapter of the American Revolution would like to purchase a NON firing Bess to do public school presentations about the American Revolution. It needs to spark!
I have a Pedersoli Bess that I love to shoot but bring it on a California school campus can be problematic. The students really like to see one however and I’d like to show them this musket. I need to find the best quality non firing version I can that makes good spark. I need your recommendations. Where can I obtain a version that doesn’t look crappy like those Denix or $200 version “toy” muskets. As Continental NY 1st Regiment reenactor I want our portrayal to be as accurate as possible. I need help finding this Bess. Suggestions please. And if anyone has one they can part with that is non firing authentic in appearance we can talk. Thanks in advance.
In Patriotic Service.
Your humble servant.

Jim Riley
Vice President
Yosemite Chapter

Sons of the American Revolution

[email protected]

https://sar-yosemite.com

Sons of The American Revolution - Yosemite Chapter | Facebook
16F3AB32-D6D4-49AE-BF98-AC92127775B8.jpeg

I believe this is a duplicate thread.

You have two options, and I believe they are covered in the other thread.

You may contact one of the folks selling the First Model Bess, which is actually more "correct" than what is offered from Italy, and ask them NOT to drill the touch hole. Otherwise it's a working, looking, rusting if not polished, brown bess, and you can get a bayonet for it too. I buy mine from Loyalist Arms LLC up in Canada.

The other option is to get a Pedersoli or used Miroku Short Land Pattern Bess repro, and have a gunsmith fit the touch hole with a touch hole line, BUT, have him do it with a line that has not been drilled so that will render the musket inoperative.

Check the other thread for further answers.

LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back