• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

nipple wrench for 1862 Police

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheyenne08

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just received a Uberti 1862 Police, when trying to loosen nipples I found out that I need a smaller wrench :hmm:

Any suggestions as to where to buy :confused:

Dale

Thanks, I just ordered a " Baby Deluxe Nipple wrench" from the possible shop, sounds like it is just what I need. :thumbsup:

Dale

I saw that one, but the one sold by the Possible Shop is even smaller, and it too is designed for the '62 police & 1849 wells Fargo etc.

Thanks for looking though :thumbsup:

Dale

Just a follow-up, I received the "Baby deluxe nipple wrench" from the Possibles Shop today.

I works like a charm on my Uberti 1862 Police. :thumbsup:

The thing that really bugs me though is how tight Uberti had them installed. :hmm:

I had to put the cyclinder in a vise and REALLY crank down on that little wrench to break those nipples free. :shocked2:

There is no reason for that. :shake:

Dale

I agree. Nipples shouldn't be that tight.

Before any of you other folks put your guns cylinder in a vise (which can really damage it), buy a piece of 5/16" steel, brass or aluminum rod and cut off two 2" long pieces of it.

Put each piece into the cylinders opposing chambers and clamp the rods in your vise.

The cylinder will not move while you unscrew your stuck nipples and there is no chance of damaging the cylinder by clamping it with the vise jaws.

Now that is one heck of an idea. :hmm:

It wasn't as bad as it sounds, i've got a vise with wooden jaws, and had a good amount of cloth wrapped around the cylinder.

I will use your idea in the future though. :hatsoff:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Back