• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Nice Tulle Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received a really nice 20 gauge Tulle Fowler from Jackie Brown. (By the way he is a fantastic person to work with!) I don’t think it’s ever been fired, but I’m definitely going to be shooting it!
It was made by the late Brian Turner does anyone have a little background history on him?

Attachments

• CBD188EF-8CCE-4D0E-BE16-E395EB99C741.jpeg
    CBD188EF-8CCE-4D0E-BE16-E395EB99C741.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 55364E41-456F-4444-B8A1-E071B136580E.jpeg
    55364E41-456F-4444-B8A1-E071B136580E.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 0
  • BF8ABAF8-AC4E-4187-A9AF-7F35DFDABE94.jpeg
    BF8ABAF8-AC4E-4187-A9AF-7F35DFDABE94.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 0
Okay, what am I missing here? What is it then?
Maybe call it a "colonial restock" of French influence.
Some of the parts and dimensions are not accurate to a Fusil des Chase as built at Tulle, nor contract guns made at St. Etienne.
Either way, it is a nice gun and hopefully will be a good shooter, but (as with all smoothbores) there will be a significant amount of time and loading components spent to develope the best loads for it with ball and shot. Smoothbore load development is all about dedication and a willingness to set aside conventional rifle thinking, and is crucial.

Curly maple puts into a colonial America made gun. The lock, barrel style and triggerguard are English. The only French parts are the sideplate and possibly the butt plate, none of which is good or bad. You just can't call it a TULLE made gun. It is more appropriately called a colonial fowling gun. Which is a good thing.

Curly maple puts into a colonial America made gun. The lock, barrel style and triggerguard are English. The only French parts are the sideplate and possibly the butt plate, none of which is good or bad. You just can't call it a TULLE made gun. It is more appropriately called a colonial fowling gun. Which is a good thing.
Thank you sir!

Back