• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW Traditions Mountain rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking you may be right. Ardessa calls this rifle a "hawken" in Europe, minus the patch box (which truth be told, I think the patch box on most modern repro hawken-types looks hideous and serves little purpose other than decoration). I have seen one of the Ardessa rifles recently for sale on another site, a 50 cal percussion, if my memory serves correctly. Same 32 inch barrel, stock lines look similar if not exactly the same, two wedge pins for barrel retention. Same sights also.

My hat is off to Traditions. :hatsoff: All of these Co,s that stopped producing traditional side locks and Traditions releases new models every several years has me in there camp and I surely am going to support a Co.that hasn,t abandoned us even though we are such a small minority of sales. :bow:

So...Has anyone bought and shot one of these yet? Range report? Would like to buy one if it is a decent shooter.
I JUST BOUGHT ONE FROM MIDWAY IN FLINTLOCK STYLE, PUT A NEW FLINT IN IT WHEN IT CAME. HAVENT HAD A CHANCE TO SHOOT YRT BUT HROWS A GREAT AMOUNT OF SPARKS TO IGNITE THE MAIN CHARGE, FLINTLOCKS ARE WHAT I PREFER AND THINK THIS WILL BE MY HUNTING RIFLE.

Back