• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW Traditions Mountain rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The percussion is ready to go!

50 yards
img_7710.jpg

75 yards off of the ATV seat,
img_7711.jpg

:snore:

Look at those covered bullet holes and zoomed in on targets.....

Sure wish you would stop using the "shoot-n-sees" and use a standard NRA or NMLRA bull. they are cheaper and present a more accurate visual representation of accuracy.

meanmike said:
Looks like minute of deer to me. Isn't that good enough?
Michael
If you're shooting deer, yes!

If you're trying to brag up a new gun, no!

I have a strong dislike for "dirty" targets.
They are usually covered in :bull:

Right now its 80gr jim shockeys gold, .490 round ball and .015 patch.

I have a couple pounds of 2fg olde eynsford to try in it after hunting season.

FML said:
Don't worry about CC, I've blocked that guy for his :youcrazy: responses.

I don't see a thing he say and that's good nuff for me!
What he is saying is that he ignores me.....

"Ignore" is the parent word of ignorant....and shares most of the same definition.
My constructive criticism of target presentation is not limited to him....it applies to all of us, and can only enhance an individuals perceived credibility.
But, Hey! it's a free country and my advice is for those that are willing to listen....and question....

Ya, not sure at all what is wrong with his targets? Nit picking to new height I'd say. I believe he was sighting in a gun not competing at a range or goverened shoot :hmm: His presentation of targets was to US, an on line forum made up of a bunch of folks stuck on shooting old BP guns and he has apparently pleased all but one?

Likely my paper plates with colored post it's on a pine tree wouldn't please you either :shocked2

meanmike said:
The first target is zoomed in on so you cant see the whole target. If you turned in a partial target in a competition it would be disqualified.

Target #2 also shows only the partial target and additionally has covered bullet holes.....incomplete targets and covered bullet holes are both grounds for disqualification.

Now anybody with good spectacles can see that both pictures are the same target.....on picture # 2 the holes from picture #1 have been covered. however there are two covered holes that are unaccounted for. :hmm:

Now! any excuse or story can be made.....But! one thing is for certain...........there is no disputing a clean target.

Not sure all that was said but he dislikes my targets LOL. They are expensive but oh so purdy to shoot.

After hunting season I'll get some video work going with the rifles.

The flintlock they did a great job on. I have at least 50 strikes on it now and it doesnt have that nasty deep gash mark on the frizzen where they normally do when they are to soft. Sparks are white to an yellow/white color with some orange mixed in.

colorado clyde said:
meanmike said:
The first target is zoomed in on so you cant see the whole target. If you turned in a partial target in a competition it would be disqualified.

Target #2 also shows only the partial target and additionally has covered bullet holes.....incomplete targets and covered bullet holes are both grounds for disqualification.

Now anybody with good spectacles can see that both pictures are the same target.....on picture # 2 the holes from picture #1 have been covered. however there are two covered holes that are unaccounted for. :hmm:

Now! any excuse or story can be made.....But! one thing is for certain...........there is no disputing a clean target.

again....how does one disqualify a sighting in target on a guys home range? covered holes or not, he has a new gun and he shot it and almost everybody is happy :idunno:

I should say that on my paper plate targets with lil post it's I take a sharpie and strike the holes cuz Dixie quit selling the lil white circles to cover my holes with.

FWI I have never shot at a range and THIS IS WHY

You misunderstand azmtman
What I said was;
Both of those targets would be disqualified in a competition.......and for good reason....

Not talking about sighting in....

I don't like shooting range braggarts either...Touting their targets plum full of holes and pointing to three......saying "look at my small group"............ :bull: :blah:

Paper plates are fine.....as long as it's a clean plate.

well at over $300 for 100 targets, I will gladly patch up old holes from previous shooting sessions.

That target is 17" diameter so I have plenty of room for shooting multiple guns and groups. When the holes get to big, its either a new target or duck tape.

Next time I'll use my video camera and shut him up :haha:

I already have a video of me popping jugs at 75 yards off my shooting sticks, so its not all that hard once a rifle is dialed in a shooting fine.

FWIW, A friend and I use to do shoots on the TMA forum. You print out such and such target, shoot such and such distance required and send it in for a score. The only time I did it and we wiped the other guys clean. My friend said use wimpy loads so recoil doesnt hurt it! I used my full hunting load and we wiped them flat out.

Yeah, we shoot them for fun sometime too. They are fun and we have assigned values and shot them in competition.
Michael

I was happy he shared it and didn't take it as "braggin" really? If he's that good sighting in a few times out he get the dutch system going and could choose rt eye or left eye on deer :thumbsup:

Back