• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Traditions Deerhunter Flint showed up! Any advice?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of the flintlock Deerhunters. Super reliable ignition.
Got the original rifled barrel and a 31" long smooth bore barrel for it.
Bet it would be fine a tree rat nailer with a small bore barrel.
:)
Where would one find a smoothbore barrel like that? Would be a great addition.

LOVE my traditions. And don't you EVER give that away or sell. Not many of us have the girl you got. Why some of us even have to smuggle boxes in from time to time. (I got away with the Renegade BTW).
My friend taught me years ago, leave the house in the morning often with an empty gun case in hand.

Know the feeling. Nothing like hoping she is in the bathroom or taking a nap when the mail shows up. But if that's the dirtiest thing I ever do behind my wife's back then I'm doing ok.
My wife will ask "what's in the box", I'll tell her "golf clubs" , she'll just say uhh huh. She doesn't give me too much grief. I bought her a purple Kimber for her birthday, she likes things that go bang too.

Well, if you're happy with an inferior gun, more power to ya.. I guess the old line about you get what you pay for is ignored on these low end guns.

sir your reply to a snobbish reply to a newbie is a refreshing breath of fresh air. I have owned at 1 time or another a sample of most of CVA's guns and worked on 100 or so others that somebody screwed up and have never considered my self to be handy caped when shooting against any custom gun made. Are there prettier guns out there YES but they don't shoot better !
I have never been beat by anyone shooting a CVA. They do shoot surprisingly good, but not good enough. They are generally handicapped by thier chambered breach and poor lock performance.

Where would one find a smoothbore barrel like that? Would be a great addition.
Asked Mr. Robert Hoyt to make it octagonal to round.
The ram rod retainer up front is a soldered piece of brass tube.
I've since added a butt plate made from a buffalo horn knife handle scale.
better view.jpg

My percussion Deerhunter was painted black at the factory

Go figger!
:doh:

and I've never yet stripped it off the stock. But I did add a long eye relief scope to make it a scary black rifle.
:D
scary black rifle.jpg

View attachment 283928

Go figger!

and I've never yet stripped it off the stock. But I did add a long eye relief scope to make it a scary black rifle.
View attachment 283946
A scout rifle! Sweet!

View attachment 283928

Go figger!

View attachment 283946
Thanks. And that black rifle scared me so much I think I peed a little when I saw it. Those things should be banned. Think of the children. 🤣

Ez
Ya can always tell the one,s that look down at the Muzzleloader,s of other...thats the Guy in Buckskin outfit with the Ascot around his neck.....:rolleyes:
Well, if you're happy with an inferior gun, more power to ya.. I guess the old line about you get what you pay for is ignored on these low end guns.
I for one have eaten well and had a lot of fun for three decades with those inferior guns. Guess I just got lucky. I've got a few of those "nice" guns too but most of the time it is an old CVA or Traditions that comes out of my safe to play. I also like to tinker by changing barrel lengths, altering stock shapes, and such. Couldn't live with myself if I chopped up a rifle that cost me $2500. To each his own I guess.

Latest posts

Back