• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

new to me used walker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmermark

Pilgrim
Reaction score
just got my new to me used uberty walker won on gunbroker came with a holster, belt,teddycash capper,and what looks like a pedersoli powder flask. got it for the small sum of 295.00 plus shipping.the capper was half full of caps,the flask was half full of 4f black powder. the powder flask has one screw missing out of the cap haven't dumped the powder out to see if it's inside yet,if not where could i get one.

Welcome to the forum,

Congrats on the Walker and the goodies. I hope the powder is NOT 4f, if it is you don't need to use it in the Walker and I hope it was not used in it before. 3F is what you want to use for that hogleg. As for the screw, you may need to call Dixie or some one else that has parts and pieces and see if you can get one from them. I would not count on the caps being all that reliable but hey, if they don't go off--oh well.

Wondered who got that. I had it marked but decided at the last minute I didn't need two Walker's. Darn good deal though always good to see a local Ohio boy win out.

As I read this entry, my jaw dropped to the floor! Hold-on, I'll get a shovel to scrape it back off the carpet! Gun, caps & 4F all in the same box?? OMG! :shake: :youcrazy: :shocked2:

Dave

Welcome to the forum. :)

As was said, Dixie might be able to send you a screw for your flask but you will probably have to call them in person.
Another option might be to take the flask to a local hardware or auto supply store and ask them if they have some really tiny metric screws.
You might find one that would screw in.

As for the 4F powder, I'm not sure how you determined it was 4F.
If it really is 4F you don't want to use it in your Walker. 4F powder is only used for priming the pan on flintlock guns. It is too fine and will develop too much pressure if it is used in your Walker.

The best powder for your Walker would be 3Fg black powder.

Some gun stores carry real black powder but you have to ask for it because, by law they must keep it locked up in a special storage area.
If you cannot find real black powder in your area you can use Pyrodex P or Seven7seven. The other synthetic muzzleloading powders will also work in your gun but you should try to get the finer granulation style that is made for pistols.

While your at the gun store you might want to buy some more balls for your gun. The .451, or .454 diameter will work best.

#11 percussion caps should work with your Walker.

I have 3f so i put a little on the same paper the 3f was larger grains thats what i am going by.
no i'm not going to use the 4f.i was as shocked as everyone else to find powder and caps with it.

Latest posts

Back