• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New T/C Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a brand new lock for TC Hawken today, to replace the 30 year old lock that I sent them. The only company in the same customer service league is Leupold.

Grantman said:
Got a brand new lock for TC Hawken today, to replace the 30 year old lock that I sent them. The only company in the same customer service league is Leupold.
Couldn't agree more...also, if you didn't think to get any, you really should get a pack of TC's redesigned vent liners (assuming you're using a flintlock)

T/C sent me back a brand new lock ass'y sparks great! --spud :grin:

SPUD said:
T/C sent me back a brand new lock ass'y sparks great! --spud :grin:
:thumbsup:
TC's life time warranty is second to none...and I've thought several times I made what has turned out to be an excellent, very practical decision when I bought my first (used) TC Hawken 17 years ago...then standardizing on the Hawken model helps compare / diagnose little quirks on one rifle compared to another, most things interchange, GM makes other interesting barrels for them, and the list goes on...good luck with yours.

PS: 3/4"w x 7/8"L Tom Fuller black English flints are outstanding in TC's redesigned locks...and if you don't already have it, you really might consider getting their redesigned vent liner too.

I actualy like my TC flinters now that I got the new style locks. With the old style I had far too may hammer falls and no ignition; with the new style it fires everytime. What a difference.

Walks with fire said:
I actualy like my TC flinters now that I got the new style locks. With the old style I had far too may hammer falls and no ignition; with the new style it fires everytime. What a difference.
It really is amazing isn't it...they have definitely got it right this time...I just never have any lock problems whatsoever

I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped back... bought a new one a few weeks ago but did not like the position of the vent so sent it back... hope all goes well... good to hear their warranty service is top notch...
Bob

Yep; they are very well designed. The wide and shallow pan, good sparking frizzen; and the hammer angle is great. The longer flint life is much appreciated.

Their newly designed vent liners are top notch as well. TC's customer service is the best in the nation. I can't say enough good about TC. I just wish they would direct just a little more attention to the traditional sidelock part of their business. How about a nice hardwood, full stocked; swamped barrel model with a top of the line adjustable single hunting trigger! I will pay for the right production rifle in a heartbeat.

If they built a rifle that could handle switch barrels of smoothbore; fast twist bullet barrels; and traditional rb twists they would sell tons of em. The hooked breech system is the best thing going for switch barrel guns; and the patent breech plug is strong and well designed as well. Make it in flint or percussion. I like flinters better but many don't shoot enough to like them.

I wish I worked for them; I would be doing everything I could to get such a rifle to market.

Back