• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New sights for Kibler SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'd like some recommedations to replace the sights on my Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle. I don't care so much about authenticity as I care about functionality. The rifle shoots really, really low (like 12 inches low at 100 yds) and already I've tried upping the loads, and I've also filed down the front sight a couple millimeters. I think I'd have to file the front sight to a nubben, and it's already too damn small to start out with, anyway. A rear sight with adjustable elevation would be a real help, as well as would an iron front sight with a heavier blade, driftable for windage would be OK. Your recommendations for replacements that would preferably fit in the existing dovetail cuts would be appreciated. TIA.

My Kibler Woods Runner had the same issue or my eyes did , (no more) as I got in touch with a member here
(Tom A Hawk) and he sent me one of his peep sights . Problem solved and saved me money ,as how could I explain a Leupold 4x on my pretty Woods Runner . It is a fantastic sight/ Ed

Have it drilled and tapped for a 20 MOA picatinny base (so it will be level with the bore on the swamped barrel) and mount a scope on it. Or put a quad rail on it and you can mount a flashlight, laser, QD sling mount, and pressure switch for the light/laser.

Have it drilled and tapped for a 20 MOA picatinny base (so it will be level with the bore on the swamped barrel) and mount a scope on it. Or put a quad rail on it and you can mount a flashlight, laser, QD sling mount, and pressure switch for the light/laser.
Mmmmm, yah, I've already got long-range precision rifles set up that way; not what I have in mind for a flintlock, but thanks for the suggestion, or maybe the seemingly sardonic but humorous hyperbole --- don't really know where that's coming from. The context is odd, to say the least. But no offense taken. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I replaced the front sight on my Woodsrunner for that reason. I used one of the tall front silver sights from Track of the Wolf. I’ve not yet finished the sight in.

Mmmmm, yah, I've already got long-range precision rifles set up that way; not what I have in mind for a flintlock, but thanks for the suggestion, or maybe the seemingly sardonic but humorous hyperbole --- don't really know where that's coming from. The context is odd, to say the least. But no offense taken. :rolleyes:

.....or intended, just jerkin' yer chain with a straight face so to speak. Some kind of "receiver" type aperture and a wider, blacked blade front sight should fix you up.

Latest posts

Back