• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2thdoc

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've had the parts for this one laying around for about a year. Decided Sept. 25th to start working on it. Wanted to get it done so I could use it during Ky's early muzzleloader deer season Oct. 15th. Working nights and weekends on it, had it ready to shoot Oct. 10th. Nothing fancy, all iron/steel furniture; 45cal 36" 13/16 GM barrel. Points and shoulders very well; shoots well too. With my old bifocal eyes seeing the sights is a problem, so I put a Marbles fiber optic sight on the front ::. Looks like a little orange ball of fire.
newrifle.jpg

newrifle2.jpg

:front: Very nice, you don't waste any time do ya? Best of luck during the deer season
Soggy :front:

Nice lines and wood...hope it shoots as good as it looks! You can be proud of it (even with the sights!)

That's a beautiful gun. It looks like you are ready, set, go. Good luck and be sure and let us in on your adventure. adios!

What kind of stain and finish did you use on the stock. It looks to have some really great color in the stock.

That's one attractive shootin' iron you made. :hatsoff: I hope it gives you many years of enjoyment and makes plenty of meat as well.

Great looking rifle. I'm partial to the simple lines and plain look. It always looks like it means business with no frills.

Thanks for the compliments fellows. This one was kind of a rush job, so I could have it ready for deer season. This is the fourth one I've built; sure got it done a lot faster than the first one I ever tackled. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, however. I used Laurel Mountain Forge American Walnut stain on the stock. Finish is boiled linseed oil, first several applications cut 50% with mineral spirits.
Early muzzleloader season has come and gone; didn't shoot at any deer. Took a rushed shot at a coyote and never touched a hair. Oct 15-16 was a gourgeous weekend weather-wise in Western Ky and it was nice just to be out in the woods.

The more I look at your rifle the more I like it. :) What style or pattern is the stock based on? When it comes to long rifles I'm pretty ignorant to the differant variations. But I could see myself with something similar someday, at least I hope so.

That rifle is just plain beautiful - no ifs or buts about it. I would give a lot to be able to make a piece like that one. A real credit to you, Sir! :master:

tac :grey:

That's a really nice looking rifle and really fast work. I also like smaller sized rifles. And you got to be able to see the sights. I have added fiber optic rods to several traditional sights for people who can't see 'em. You can get a tube of rods from Brownell.

Back