• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW MEMBER - Paul J Williams with a SH Ward North Carolina Musketrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
I am Paul Williams from Yadkin County, North Carolina. I joined you group because I have inherited a S. H Ward Musket rifle.
I know that this gun came down my family 6 Generations. It was my Great-Great-Great Grandfather's gun. It has hung over the fireplace at Mom's house for the past 50 years. She recently went to an Assisted Living Center and she told me to take it. I played with it as a child, at my grandparents house, (which was also my G-G grandfathers home as well as my g-grandmother).
I'm retired from the Automotive Field. I have worked at most every position at a car dealership from clean-up, to General Manager and everything in between. I also operated a Searchlight advertising company for 17 years. Searchlights of the Carolinas, LLC operated up and down the east coast and as far away as Mississippi and north as far as Mansfield, Ohio. I had a fleet of the OLD WWII Military Carbon Arc Searchlights. We served many businesses across the Carolinas for example: Car Lots, Music Festivals, Christmas Celebrations (North Star), Ball Games, Night Clubs, Universities and HIgh Schools, and Grand Openings for many retail clients, such as HHGregg, Planet Fitness, Ashley Furniture amoung others. I got to travel and see places. I had 5-8 employees at any one time. ANyway Back to SH Ward...
Solomon H Ward was an apprentice gunsmith in his fathers school. He began making these MusketRifles around 1858, and produced them for the next 25-30 years. This one is not fancy. It was a means for food in it's early life. It has not been fired since around 1968. Dad and GrandDad decided one Sunday morning that they were gonna shoot it. Well they put the black powder in it and packed it good and when Dad pulled the trigger, it put hm on the ground and hurt his shoulder pretty good. You guessed it...TOO MUCH Black Powder. It's a wonder it didn't blow it up. Anyway, I would like to know more about SH Ward.

Welcome aboard from New England!

216020-Welcome-Aboard.jpeg

Back