• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW MEMBER - Paul J Williams with a SH Ward North Carolina Musketrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am VP of Yadkin Valley Longrifles Inc. We would welcome you anytime and also would like to take a look at your rifle. I am a fan of the Jamestown style schools and very often shoot a Jamestown style rifle my late uncle built for me several years back. I have had the pleasure of handling several original Ward built rifles and would like to take a look at yours. As my club mate mentioned we meet every third sat. for a club match and I,m sure every one present would enjoy seeing your gun. It's a rare treat for that to happen. If interested we can give you more info, or look at our Facebook page. its nothing grand but its what we have. Hope to see you in the future.

Welcome from the Ozark Mountains.
If you start a thread in the Smooth Bore or Percussion Rifles (if it's rifled) sections you will probably get a lot of info about the musket. It would also fit in the Original Antique Firearms section. Just remember pictures or it never happened and we love pictures.:thumb:

Last edited:
Welcome from Stanly County! Originally from Stokes though. I've got a Ward rifle I may restore one day. Ward was one of the most prolific Jamestown School (Guilford Co.) Riflemakers, or at least his firm was. Most of his seem to have been plain guns from my research, and most were post Civil War. If I recall correctly his business was still producing these style guns right up to the early 1900s.
Jamestown School rifles have got to the be most common gun that was found in the NC Piedmont, and for good reason since there were at one time in the mid1800s over 80 gunsmiths in that area. I've also got an Anderson Lamb rifle that's in shooting shape. Looking forward to bagging some NC squirrels with an NC gun this fall.
Again, welcome to this forum! Lots of great folks and great information from all over the world available here. Glad to have you with us!

Back