• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NEW (old) RIFLE - MAJOR PROBLEMS - NEED HELP & ADVICE!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I spent 5 years between PH and Lagos myself. Enjoyed myself very much.
Port hard court , you must have been in the oil buissenes ........I have stayed in the funny PH hotel with rain falling through the roof into the bedroom......and a cinema.......I went to Abba market in the rains ......I lived in Ilupejo Lagos and built continental pharmaceuticals on Aggi motor road mile 7.5. by level crossings Shot with mad Italians, Lanlattin , and out of Ibadan......nothing to shoot other then a few birds. Watch out for mamba in the trees...ha ha Bit of a Short PH. Runway. Clipped the trees taking if. American piolet said shut the door half way along runway.......black pilot almost crashed on landing F28 ? The locals on board threw bottles at him But that's Africa I miss it and the lovely people Music was Sunnny Adde in 1979 Did you here about the touching and uncle bens rice ha ha And the whitch Doctor who went into the lagoon to talk to the rain God , been down there three weeks... Lovely Gordon...

I can honestly say with a lie detector hooked up to me I knew absolutely nothing about any issues. I didn't try to play with the half cock and fire it or anything. It worked when it was stored last and I assumed it works fine now.

You can believe me or not... Don't know what else to tell you people.
You might be able to do that but simply being inept is no excuse for misrepresentation. You lead the buyer to believe you knew what you were talking about and you didn't, just return the mans money.

" Has the jury reached a verdict ?" Ive heard supposed ' Experts' & hostile viewpoints & seeming reason and unlikely conditions and even Bud Siler gets brought into it ( I met him at his house once he was having a barbeque with friends but he sold me some lock kits , proper gentleman) .But while his locks where a leader despite needing a special shape flint to rectify issues some of my customers would demand I use Siler's even when more suited locks where by then available .

I too was in Nigeria in fact the whole West coast in 1965 got a fine case of malairia and couldn't get through Congo so availed of a Spanish troop & supply ship from Fernando Po to Cadiz but that's irrelevant .
Do I believe one or the other claimants ? Ide say both should have shown more clarity and I make no comment re the quality & I well remember the 'Expert ' barrel strength of steels ect argument by a man who never made a barrel versus a man who made thousands viz Jerry Cunningham who definatly is a' Gentleman '( slightly excentric but a true gentleman non the less) . Dave Person does know his stuff , But where is the London bloke comeing from & why so hostile ? . I conclude it must be a hung jury and some of the jurors should be .
No true Expert EVER claims to be one as they know that the subject is so vast that no one could ever really know the half of such a study. I like the story of the expert on fish being asked if he would give a lecture on fish. He replied that the subject was so complex & vast that couldn't begin to do so .But he might be prepared to give a series of lectures on a fish scale .
Rudyard

I

I Gordon Courtney 77 am an expert buying repairing guns since 1963 I particularly buy from Holts and Bonhams. I Also examine and report on guns value and condition. I actually bid on behalf of a USA buyer

I am happy to act as an expert for this so called gun from the photographs is a dangerous firearm and should only be used as a wall hanger the fire hole should be welded up for future safety I would value it at $150 to $300
I am at your service.

Why can’t a new barrel be purchased, fitted to the stock and then it should be operable... correct?

Both buyer and seller are at fault.

First buyer did not have any experience IMHO to buy a rifle like that off the internet from a 20 post seller at the size payment he paid nor no look at time to refuse the purchase.

Seller had no idea just wanted the money and plays Mickey the dunce about obvious problem with the gun and lineage. Had enough posts to sell it here for an un warranted amount of money.

From original advertisement :"
".50 Cal, beautiful wood, inlays, and hardly ever shot. The stock is mint as can be... It's been a safe queen stored correctly in a cover with oil on it. Barrel is very nice and I can provide additional pics and videos to serious buyers."

Now making excuses of hardship and spending the money received. He needs to get a LOAN and pay the buyer back NOW.

I may get in trouble but this is not the forums problem at all.

Buyer expensive lesson learned

Seller close to criminal IMHO

Seems like someone that miss represents a product for sale will most likely misrepresent himself in justifying the first mis representation and his inability to make things right. Also seems that someone that can afford a computer, internet access payments should ought to step up and make things right without equivocation. I hope it all works out , for the OP, he did nothing, nada, wrong.
Robin

I think this has gone on long enough.
The OP made his case. The seller has responded and a number of people have jumped in to give opinions but I can tell you now, we are not going to solve the problem. Bashing the seller will solve nothing. This and noting that some have become bored with the subject and are talking about totally unrelated things leads me to my decision to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back