• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member with a problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys new member here from N Fl. I have three rifles and cap n balls now and have been into black powder for a while. I do have a question though. I recently got a tc hawken but it has a mag spark on it. I had to look up what they were, but I dont like it nor do I have primers for it. The hex slit in the nipple stripped when I tried to break it loose. Anybody have any tricks to getting it out or will it have to be drilled?

Hey guys new member here from N Fl. I have three rifles and cap n balls now and have been into black powder for a while. I do have a question though. I recently got a tc hawken but it has a mag spark on it. I had to look up what they were, but I dont like it nor do I have primers for it. The hex slit in the nipple stripped when I tried to break it loose. Anybody have any tricks to getting it out or will it have to be drilled?
Post this in the percussion rifle thread.

Where folks can help you.

And.....Welcome.

When you do get it off you will want a 1/4 × 28 thread nipple. Track of the wolf has them specifically for the TC. Doesn't have to be tc specific but the tc one has a shorter neck to accommodate a nipple wrench due to the low 1/2 cocktail position of the tc lock.

When you do get it off you will want a 1/4 × 28 thread nipple. Track of the wolf has them specifically for the TC. Doesn't have to be tc specific but the tc one has a shorter neck to accommodate a nipple wrench due to the low 1/2 cocktail position of the tc lock.
Thank you I ordered a replacement nipple and a new ramrod really excited to shoot this thing. I have a .45 flintlock as well but cant find any local black powder to shoot it with. An order from scheutzen will happen soon.

Back