• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Mag spark stuck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new here with a problem. Ive had muzzleloaders a long time, and I just got a tc hawken but it has a mag spark on it. Never seen one before but I dont like the idea of it and I also dont have any pistol primers so i want it off, but when I tried to unscrew it the allen hole stripped under moderate pressure. Any advice how to get this thing off.

If you don't care try some pliers to unscrew it. That's if you're not saving it.also might spray some kind of lubricant around the base before you try

Last edited:
Hope it wasn't shot 5 years w/o removing for cleaning. A lot of folks never remove the "clean out screw" and after 6-7 trips to the range it aint coming out. BTW for those about to netwhack me for calling it a clean out screw....many vendors now mention the "clean out screw" in the product descriptions.

Pull the barrel. Sink it in a sealed, capped section of PVC (upright).
Fill to above the offending"nipple" w/ Evaporust.
if the barrel doesn't fill, fill it that deep.
Let it soak a few days, then try unscrewing the fitting again.
Padded jaws on a solid vice,as others advised.
Best stuff I've found; near magic but some joints do resist.

Back