• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Flints

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

statetrooper62

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello, happy new year everybody.
Here, some pics of my new purchase.
Not a rifle but flints :wink:
Sometime, I shoot with a pennsylvania flint rifle from PEDERSOLI.
A rifle whih can put fire in a water bucket since I made his frizzen hardened and since I bought these flints.
CIMG6700_zpsd430a458.jpg

Flints from the french capital of flints. MEUSNES, a little place near the "CHATEAUX DE LA LOIRE", an area south of Paris.
In this place people produced flints for the french army from 17th century to 19th century. Nowadays a passionate man continues the work for the pleasure of all french black powder shooters.
I ordered thirty flints, 10 black, 10 blond, 10 blond first choice for only 53 bucks and I received thirty three.
I hope this man will never stop chopping flint.
:hatsoff: MR DUTRIEUX
http://ws.balado.fr/media/photos/1/7/42/4929.jpg

them is some good looken flints!

ya said 53 bucks, what currancy did you pay with? it could be a good deal or too expensive (for us) depending the the exchange rate.

-matt

I paid these flints 35 euros and 05 euros for postal shipping.
I never tried black flints neither the blond first choice, It will be my first try with.
The regular blonds are excellent. I used one regular blond flint for each series of 13 shots and no misfire.

Did you send your request in English?
You would probably have more success in French. :thumbsup:

Walks with fire said:
I sent the guy an e-mail to see about ordering some and haven't received any response in several days.

May I help you ?
The shipping cost between FRANCE and USA is 23 euros for 01 kilogramme.It's the minimum cost.
I can inquire about the possibility of CASH ON DELIVERY to USA with the french postal service if someone is interested.
For example, if I would send to the USA the 30 flints I bought it would cost approximately 63 euros if I don't miscalculate.
You are welcome :hatsoff:

statetrooper62 said:
May I help you ?
The shipping cost between FRANCE and USA is 23 euros for 01 kilogramme.It's the minimum cost.
I can inquire about the possibility of CASH ON DELIVERY to USA with the french postal service if someone is interested.
For example, if I would send to the USA the 30 flints I bought it would cost approximately 63 euros if I don't miscalculate.
You are welcome :hatsoff:

thats roughly $2.85 per flint, a little too spendy to be worth it compared to more local sources.

-matt

Back