• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Neck Knives let's see um

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one I made from an old sheep shear.
8a8fdb3e.jpg

These type of knives are mentioned in Draper's Manuscripts according to a friend of mine.

Britches thats real nice like your sheath too ! TRH thats a real neat pc there like the looks of that never thought of that

Here's 2 that I use a lot.

neckknivesandsheaths.jpg

Hey Deadeye,

Who made your knives and sheathes! Just curious I'm looking for someone to make be a beaded up one like the first one here. Except I want a red black and white color scheme! I like the second ones shape more I think though!

Chuck :redthumb:

My girlfriend's brother is a Pa. knife maker and made me this knife a few yrs. ago out of an old railroad spike. I guess it would make a good patch knife..soft steel and sharpens real quick and easy..will have to make a sheath of some sort when I get around to it.

spikeknife1.jpg

Longhunter, great looking knife, kind of like a mini HB Co. knife, thanks for showing us. :applause:

TheGunCellar

Here is one I carry with me when I hunt. It is made of D2 tool steel, hardened, tempered & Cyro quenched.

NeckKnife1.jpg

NeckKnife.jpg

This is a small Damascus Neck Knife I made recently for me, but have not made the sheath yet.

KoaNeckKnife.jpg

And this is a Damascus Neck Knife I made for a friend in Oregon. He is making the sheath for it.

NelsonNeckKnife.jpg

Here is mine. An inexpensive knife with an expensive sheath! :: But sometimes you got to treat yourself! :thumbsup:
neck_knife.jpg

Here is one I carry with me when I hunt. It is made of D2 tool steel, hardened, tempered & Cyro quenched.

NeckKnife1.jpg

NeckKnife.jpg

This is a small Damascus Neck Knife I made recently for me, but have not made the sheath yet.

Aye: THEN ye can make one for me, just like the first one shown, Birddog! :applause:

Capt. William

Capt: That sheath part covering the blade has a thin folded piece of steel encased in it. So there are actually 4 thin layers of leather & none touching the blade. This way you don't have to worry about stabbing yourself if you had an unfortunate slop & fell on it. :redface:

Yes, that's a smart idea. The position a neck knife is carried IS something to worry about. Lots of experienced belt knife wearers prefer to wear theirs in the back, for the same reason. :winking:

Capt. William

Back