• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Navy Arms Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Third Edition Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Values", © 2003, in the NAVY ARMS CO section, says the 1858 REMINGTON NEW ARMY revolver was made by Pietta, The book shows the ROGERS & SPENCER, but it doesn't say who made it.

In reading I found this: Pedersoli commissioned Feinwerkbau to make them, Armi San Paul and Euroarms made them.

I did not find anything about Navy Arms in the book I was reading.

Well, to carry on, I got up off my butt and dug out my Rogers & Spencer and it turns out that it was sold by NAVY ARMS CO.
The symbol stamped on the underside of the barrel is a DGG in an oval, which says the gun was made by Armi San Paolo S.r.l. or Euroarms S.r.l.

Because my pistol has a three numberal serial number beginning with 3, I'm sure it was made by Armi San Paolo.

I have a stainless navy arms marked 1858 that I’ve had for 25 years. It was made by pietta. God awful hammer and trigger pull and I’ve never been able to get it to shoot worth a hoot.

I have a Navy Arms 1858 I built from a kit around 1980. I can’t check right now but if memory serves me correctly it is a Pietta. I do know Pietta cylinders will fit it.

My Navy Arms 1858 with a date code of AA was made by Uberti.
P1010155 (2) - Copy.JPG

I have a Navy Arms New Model Army with target sights. I bought it in 1982 and it has a Pietta logo on it. I have a newer production Pietta New Model Army from Traditions and it is larger than the older revolver.

I have a Navy Arms New Model Army with target sights. I bought it in 1982 and it has a Pietta logo on it. I have a newer production Pietta New Model Army from Traditions and it is larger than the older revolver.

I agree that the older guns have smaller frame size than newer models. My Navy Arms 1858 Uberti's grip frame is smaller than my newer models. I heard that the early revolvers had castings that were about 10% smaller since the manufactures did not take in account for the shrinkage of the casting metal. The newer revolver mold grip frames were made larger to accommodate for the metal casting shrinkage.

Interesting discussion: my first black powder pistol is a Navy Arms 1851, which I bought used about 1967. Date stamp is Roman numeral XVIII, which is 1962. Bottom barrel stamping is GREGORELLI & UBERTI GARDONE, V.T.-ITALY. Had it for my Forest Service summer job as a timber cruiser, & on weekends would head up into the Sierras to pop at spruce cones: they explode nicely. Put about 800 rounds through that pistol that summer (had 8 empty cap cans for 89 cents each), & picked up free lead to cast bullets with a Dixie "hair straightener" mold. didn't know about lube over the load or any other specific black powder shooting "rules", but every shot went bang and no chain fires.

@TreeMan: "I have a stainless navy arms marked 1858 that I’ve had for 25 years. It was made by pietta."

@budcatoe: "I have a Navy Arms New Model Army with target sights."

Hello all, first time here. I was looking what's on the market, and only Navy revolvers available are blue ones with fixed sights. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Would be nice to have for plinking Navy 1858, stainless, with adjustable sights.

I have a Navy Arms kit brasser, with 0 markings on it, showing proof house or date code. Literally Made in Italy, one side of the barrel, Navy Arms on the top of the barrel, and then the warning on the other side of the barrel, and then the number 171 in two places, inside the grips and under the loading ram. How do I sluethe this thing out? Brass '58

Back