• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My Tulle is done

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That gun just looks so RIGHT. Admittedly I'm a sucker for bright barrels and dark stocks, but that walnut looks so old and is so brand new.

Unfortunately, it arrived a bit too late and is sitting in the post office. Canada Post is busy this time of year I suppose, "tis the season". I'm not upset though, it will be here Monday along with all my supplies, that's good enough for me :grin:

Henry - Thanks for the comments, that's awesome that you seen it in the making, your a lucky fellow to be so close to those who can build these beauties! I'm looking forward to it.

I do like the profile and contrast. Woulda been cool to have been there on time, for Christmas. Lucky you don't mind.

Yeah... It wasn't the shipper, TVM, though. Musta been the Canada Post Crown Corporation's fault. But that does raise a good point -- why didn't it go Purolator? I mean, you paid enough for shipping, right!?

As I said, now we'll never, ever, know...

Alden, it will be arriving through Purolator, as they are owned by Canada Post and serve as their parcel delivery branch.

Purolator is primarily owned by CPC but they are NOT their "parcel delivery branch." CPC has their own network and services such as Express and Expedited Parcel. Purolator Courier is separate and distinct like our UPS and FedEx which is probably how this shipment started - they often hand off to Purolator in Canada (who may hand off to CPC for what's referred to as "the last mile" in the industry if you are very rural or have a PO Box).

UPS and Purolator were not late in their transportation. I think you can see the delay was up front at the shipper...

Alden, a large portion of the bigger parcels I've had come to my door were delivered by Purolator, I'm just assuming the same will happen this time. It started out with USPS on your side of the border, was handed over Canada Post in Hamilton and was picked up by Purolator as per the tracking feature on the Purolator site (which also works through Canada Post tracking), was brought as far as Halifax where it has been waiting since Christmas Eve.

I'm not entirely familiar with the inner workings of the postal system, I just know what they and the tracking updates tell me. Besides, I hardly see how it is the shippers fault, there's no control when it leaves your doors.

So on the 12th it was finished and they couldn't get it to you on or before Dec. 24th INCLUDING transitting thru Hamilton, which is the central Air and weekend-only Ground operations induction terminal in Ontario (serving the Eastern U.S. and meaning they flew it into Canada or were still physically processing your shipment over the weekend and you STILL didn't get it on time!).

That failure to deliver the week of the 15th, as you were told to expect it, or the next three business days for that matter, is because of when and/or how the consignor, TVM, handled the transaction. You probaly know it doesn't take 12 calendar days to ship a parcel to your Postal Code from ANYWHERE in the U.S. if it were shipped properly. And you've got to be kidding if they actually used the US Postal Service...

TVM overpromised and underdelivered, and you're, what, defending them by still pretending it's the carriers' fault?

Com'on kid -- 17 days to get your gun delivered!?

Alden, your the only one making an issue of this, I have ZERO complaints about the shipping of the gun, or with TVM as they made NO promises regarding arrival. It was shipped the 16th and will arrive tomorrow making it 13 days, not 17, and during the Holidays to boot - I think that's completely acceptable considering how many parcels are being moved this time of year. It will be here tomorrow and I'm ecstatic.

First world problems, eh?

Happy New Year

Cheape Just ignore him and maybe he will leave you alone.Thats a neat lookin fowler too.Curt

Nice gun! Been wanting a Tulle or maybe a Type D myself.

I have a question, assuming the gun has arrived: did you have to pay a hefty duty fee upon delivery? Just wondering as I had to pay an extra 227 bucks when my rifle was delivered from Track of the Wolf.

Sorry for my late response, I had been away. Curt, thank you, I actually like to think of it as a French fowler, and that will be no problem! Don, I did not have to pay any customs or any extra fees other than the base shipping plus my upgraded box, which was a lot cheaper than I had expected anyhow. I highly recommend if you are considering them.

My fusil arrived safe and sound ( by a local private courier for those above ), packed very well, and is a helluva lot more beautiful than the first pictures could show, nice deep brown stain, gives a real nice curling look in the buttstock. All the inletting is top notch, real tight. I inspected it over and took the lock off, everything looks great and works great too. Lock is real quick with a short stroke, I like it. I was very surprised at how light it was for a 46" barrel too, it swings & shoulders very nicely, super happy with it, truly an awesome firearm. My gelinotte tueur, grouse slayer :haha:

Luckily my range rod and supplies came before the gun arrived, there had been the tiniest film of surface rust just inside the muzzle. By the looks of it, it was most definitely condensation, we had temps swinging from -15 to +20 Celsius, so I was expecting it. An old tooth brush and some Barricade and it was gone in no time. I swabbed a few patches down the bore looking for any more rust, fortunately there was none. I cleaned and oiled the entire gun and lock inside and out, as I wasn't fond of the transmission fluid that came with, though it did do its job for the most part. I took the advice given by those on the forum and put a patch with Barricade down the bore, let sit to dry, then some Rig Grease. That should hold me over until I get everything to shoot, when the weather is warmer and I get a new camera. I'll give you all my first range report and lots of pics, I'm looking forward to it and sharing with you folks, you've all been so helpful and kind. :grin:

Thanks all

Latest posts

Back