• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My new Stroh flinter pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Thought I'd post some pics of my purty new flinter. :grin:

I took off a couple of weeks ago and drove down to GA to pick up this rifle and get to meet Roy in person. It's truly beautiful country down there!
Roy and Rhonda put me up in style for a couple of days in their pop-up camper. Fed me good too. It was a good visit. :thumbsup:

From Roy's place I went straight to a week long rendezvous in TN. This gun is awful purty but is not gonna be a safe queen.
She mounts and shoots sweet. I've still got plenty of work to do yet tho...

Anyway... this Roy Stroh rifle is inspired by J.P. Becks work but is not an exact copy. It has a 42" octogon-to-round, tapered-and-flared Charles Burton barrel. .54 caliber. Coned muzzle.
The lock is a large Siler. Double set triggers.
There is something nice to look at everywhere on this gun! Roy did good! The pictures don't do it justice but here ya go. Be sure and notice how sweet she balanced on top of that throwing block. :thumbsup: :grin:

HPIM1436.jpg

DSC_0417-600x402.jpg

DSC_0409-600x288.jpg

DSC_0412-600x138.jpg

DSC_0416-600x402.jpg

HPIM1437.jpg

HPIM1441.jpg

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/jethro224/Roy Stroh JP Beck inspired rifle/

Last edited by a moderator:
Shes a LOOKER fer shore. The man does some fine work. Let us know how she shoots. :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

That is a dandy!! Smooth or rifled? I have seen a lot of Roy's work on the board and have known him to be a heck of a gun builder for a while. I just met Mr. Burton last winter at a trade fair. I was most impressed with his barrels and have a feeling he is going to be in demand when one builds a custom gun. Congratulations on getting a fine piece.

Welcome to the club Jethro. :grin: She sure is sweet and begs to be shot. Look forward to big buck pics next huntin season with this beauty! :thumbsup:

Jethro224 said:
Thought I'd post some pics of my purty new flinter. :grin:

It is pretty for sure...plus, you have plenty of time to get it dialed in for this fall's hunting season too.

And yeah...I see the rear sight, but is it rifled or smooth?

It's rifled but I made it like a lot of Beck's smooth rifles that I have seen.. :haha:

Thanks all for the compliments.. Jethro had to come and get it cause I was wanting to keep it.. :grin:

Very nice Roy and Jethro. I have always admired Beck's work and have a rifle copied from one of his.

Jethro, glad to hear that it will not be a "safe queen." Enjoy every second that you spend with it!!

Thanks everybody for the comments. :hatsoff:
Roy does outstanding work and he exceeded my expectations on this rifle.

Yes, it IS a rifle.

She handles as good as she looks.

I won't be done working up the perfect load for some time yet, but I done cut the crossed strings at rendezvous with 'er. :thumbsup:

Yes, I plan to leave the metal in the white to acquire it's own natural patina. It won't take long. Already got a little on her. :wink: This rifle is going to see many rendezvous, shoots, and hunts.

Swampy, I'll sure try and get a big buck picture for you this fall. With a little bit of good luck... :grin:

Back