• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New Roy Stroh Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro224

Reaction score
Been waiting for this for a long while. I knew it was going to be a long wait when I ordered it tho. It was worth the wait. :)

The barrel is a 12" .55 smoothbore from Charlie Burton. Roy made most of the brass furniture himself. It's nice and light, the trigger feels great, and she throws sparks like the 4th of July.
Won't get to try 'er out until next weekend and I can hardly wait.

Now that is sharp as hell! I remember you telling me about that pistol and that you've been waiting quite a while for it.

It was definitely worth the wait! That's a gorgeous pistol!!

You gonna let me shoot it? :grin:

BTW: Me and Roy STROH are related and he'd want me to!!

Respectfully, Cowboy ( Ferrell STROH) :wink:

Man that is one fantastic looking pistola,, :hatsoff: Congrats on your new pistol Jethro :thumbsup:

Now boys and girls that is one sweet looking pistol,,if it shoot a pinch of how good it looks you have a winner.
Nothing about it is anything but top shelf.Roy fine work .

Dang ol son' that sure is pretty. I think we might have to handicap you on the woodswalk in Joliet this year by having you only shoot that. ah who am I kidding you'll still whup us all anyway! good looking pistol my friend, cant wait to see her in person.

Fine looking shooting piece you have there Jethro. All of Roy's work looks good in my opinion :hatsoff:

Awesome. Just got a picture update from a rifle Roy is making for me. Also a long time in coming but I'm waiting like a kid at Christmas.

Like the others have said that is a beauty. That sure makes a fellow want for a twin to it. What size powder charge do you plan to start with in that pistol? ,,,DT

What size powder charge do you plan to start with in that pistol?

Probably about 20 grains of 3F on the low end. I'd guess 25-30 will be the go-to load. I'll test it up to 50-55 for a possible hunting load.

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I really like Roy's work. Several of my best guns were built by Roy.

Probably a good sign.
From what I've heard Roy has been a busy guy here lately. Back up to speed and maybe even overdrive. :haha:

Back