• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got first blood on my Stroh rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Jethro! :thumbsup:
Fine looking deer and a good lookin smokepole!
Great pictures too!

YIPPEEE !!! Fine doe there Jethro! Looks like your rifle is "in the white".....I have always wanted a new rifle in this condition just to watch it acquire a nice natural patina over the years. :thumbsup:

Fine job, Skychief.

Jethro..Great hunting story!
That's what we call a "box-car" doe. :thumbsup:
Your selectivity paid off.
That rifle looks good on you Too! :v
Good luck on your up coming. hunts

Kapellmeister said:
(I even like what you did to get your required orange.) :thumbsup:

I e-mailed Dave at Bell & Company Traders and asked him to custom make that orange cape to meet the legal orange requirements. It is just a cape, no collar, that fastens with one button in front. I like it. :thumbsup:

TGJaeger said:
Jethro,
Good write-up and pictures. That had to be frustrating with those dang turkeys. I am afraid I'd have been throwing everything I could lay my hands on at 'em.

Good Hunt! :thumbsup:

I wanted to throw a lead ball at 'em... Considered throwing a rock but, with my luck, I'd hit one in the head and a DNR cop would show up just then...

Skychief said:
YIPPEEE !!! Fine doe there Jethro! Looks like your rifle is "in the white".....I have always wanted a new rifle in this condition just to watch it acquire a nice natural patina over the years. :thumbsup:

Fine job, Skychief.

Yep, I had Roy leave her metal white and new. Like I told him, I'm gonna use this rifle hard, she ain't gonna be a safe queen and she'll age quick enough on her own. Starting to get a little dull already. :thumbsup:
Took her to rondy for a week before I ever took her home to my house. :grin:

I watch 'turkeys' all day long. The police frown on shooting fellow workers tho'. Don't know why????? :surrender:

Nice shot!!!!

Cheers, DonK

Jethro where can I find a hunter orange cape like yours or did you make it and if so where might I find hunter orange material? Also great story and pictures! Thanks Ed

NJ Longbeard said:
Jethro where can I find a hunter orange cape like yours or did you make it and if so where might I find hunter orange material? Also great story and pictures! Thanks Ed

I e-mailed Dave at Bell & Company Traders and asked him if he does custom orders and would make the cape for me. He was more than happy to oblige.
The Rifleman's Frock I'm wearing in the picture was also made by him and the cape matches exactly. There is just a single button under the chin to hold it around my collar.
Dave makes nice stuff! Decent prices too. I highly recommend Bell & Company. Everything is made to order and it might take a couple months to get your stuff but it is worth the wait. :thumbsup: http://www.bellandcompanytraders.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back