• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Muzzleloading dealer in Pennsylvania

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have searched through the vendor/manufacturer forum and am not sure what I am looking for. I saw in a post some weeks back somewhere a reference to a gun store in PA that had a really good selection of BP arms. While I am in VA, it is not that long of a drive and I would like to be able to shop...I don't have the skill to build anything but as I remember from the postings the place has some really nice stuff. I am one of those that needs to see and hold if at all possible. Does anyone know the name of the shop? For some reason "David" comes to mind, but I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated

Dixon's Muzzleoading Shop. Kempton, PA. Its in Berks County. Make sure to call first as it is the holiday season and such. Regrettably also Mr. Chuck Dixon, the founder of the business, has just passed and the family may need some time. His Son Greg runs the shop currently and is a most helpful gentleman.
James

You will not be disappointed with Dixons. They have a lot of muzzle loaders. Their shop has that old time look and feel, and it's off the beaten path but it's some pretty country and worth the trip. There's some sort of butcher Shoppe or some such nearby that also gets raves.

Both stores are top notch - one feeds the BP itch and the other feeds the stomach :ghostly:

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have searched through the vendor/manufacturer forum and am not sure what I am looking for. I saw in a post some weeks back somewhere a reference to a gun store in PA that had a really good selection of BP arms. While I am in VA, it is not that long of a drive and I would like to be able to shop...I don't have the skill to build anything but as I remember from the postings the place has some really nice stuff. I am one of those that needs to see and hold if at all possible. Does anyone know the name of the shop? For some reason "David" comes to mind, but I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated
Last time I was at the Dixon shop, the selection of guns was very, very thin. I believe they sold out most stock due to the huge demand for all things "gun" due to the "pandemic". Usually when you'd walk in, the rifles hanging from the rafters along the isle, it would be full. This October, there was only maybe two hanging there, one very expensive. Don't drive to this fine shop thinking there's a great selection, at this particular time that's not going to be the case. They used to be a dealer for the Lyman GPR's, and may still be, but there was like only one or two on the rack when I visited. I did get a nice new-old-stock in the box Pietta M1860 revolver. The drive there is very scenic, and this July is the Gunmaker's Fair 5 mi. up the road from Dixon's in Kempton. Last full weekend of July; recall Dixon's hosted it for over 30 years. Google Dixon's Muzzleloading Shop, Kempton, Pa. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back