• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Must have Black powder Calibers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonegun1894 said:
find something ship mounted and still keep your distance :hmm: .

And a cannon. 1.0" would be a minimum, but a more practical size is golf ball bore, or 2 1/4". Add a beer can bored (2.7") mortar too.

targets and small game
...You'll really enjoy the 36-40 cals.

deer..54-62cal.

shooting flying..12ga.-10ga.

The 36 cal flint been getting all the love lately.

Don't know how anyone could have just one...

ive got 44, 45, 50, 69, and 71.

at the moment i shoot the 71 smooth bore the most. but my 50 has seen the most use.

-matt

36 for squirrel and rabbit. 54 for deer. 62 because I like the boom!

traditional man said:
What calibers do you folks favor and shoot the most. Being handguns, flintlocks.
For targets, small game, big game huntin'?
.32, .36, .45, .50, .54, .56., .58, etc. The list is endless.

traditional man said:
What calibers do you folks favor and shoot the most. Being handguns, flintlocks.
For targets, small game, big game huntin'?
.32, .36, .45, .50, .54, .56., .58, etc. The list is endless.
I shoot a .54 for deer, a .40 for squirrels and a .44 for hand gun shooting.

HH 60

A .36 for targets/squirrels/other small game.
A .45 for targets/deer/coyote's.
A .54 for deer/elk/bear/etc.
These are all the rifles I will ever need.
A .54 smoothie for small game and deer.
A 20g smoothie for small game,deer, and birds.
A 11g smoothie for geese,ducks, and etc.
These are all the smoothbores I'll ever need.

I own a 50,12g,32,and one revolver in 36.The 32 and the 12g are my most used,they're also my two favorite bp firearms.

I'm looking for a light weight cannon to round out my firearm collection.
Preferably one with a peep sight. :blah:

I shoot a 54 Hawkens that I built in 1980, an 1858 Remington 44 and a 1868 William Moore 11 bore SXS. They all shoot better then I can hold so they are just fun to shoot.

Two Shot

.45 PA longrifle for deer and groundhogs
.62 cal smoothbore Fusil for deer and small game (can load with round ball or shot)

16ga for shot, and mostly .50 rifle for ball, but I have a .32 I want to get to know better and a .577 (P.'58 Enfield) for which I want to work up a round-ball load in case I want to go for larger game and/or longer hunting ranges.

Regards,
Joel

What I have is .45, .50,.54, .62. If I could only have one it would be .54. If it were two, .54, .62.

Latest posts

Back