• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Musket caps on Amazon.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the reviews: "Too Big!", "Would be helpful if they said #10 or #11" :)
I think they try to keep the details on the product as vague possible to bypass Amazon's policies. I don't think you are allowed to sell percussion caps on Amazon, I think these slipped by because they are "reenactment".

I think they try to keep the details on the product as vague possible to bypass Amazon's policies. I don't think you are allowed to sell percussion caps on Amazon, I think these slipped by because they are "reenactment".
Yes, but I think "Musket Cap" should be enough to let them know that it's not a #11 or #10. :)

@#blackpowderbill only took me 30 seconds to be thankful for my ability to make my own. Not musket but I don't need musket caps.

On a side note, I can shoot musket caps on my sidelock guns but does anyone make a nipple that allows shooting #11 caps on a musket?

@#blackpowderbill only took me 30 seconds to be thankful for my ability to make my own. Not musket but I don't need musket caps.

On a side note, I can shoot musket caps on my sidelock guns but does anyone make a nipple that allows shooting #11 caps on a musket?
Pretty sure Track Of The Wolf has those.

With scrolling Amazon today and found these.

CCICCI 0301 Civil War Reenactment Musket Caps Amazon.com
A customer of mine came to my shop with some REALLY OLD caps, brands and dates from the 1800's. And I am sure they would not work well. He was cleaning out a old barn on his ranch(YONCALLA Oregon). They look pretty good, but a over a hundred years old. I've tried Winchester caps from before 1900 and had a lot of duds. But the containers look nice on display

$24 with free shipping.? Mid south reload shows $5 per 100 . Side note, they also show # 10 and # 11 in stock.

Vaguely familiar name
Pre Brandon pricing
Popular items in stock

Scamity scam scam scamming
Yup, I almost fell for it, too. Apparently they'll ask you to contact them for their PayPal info, and ask you to send the payment via F&F. Which for anyone unaware, gives you no buyer protections.

As a note on the Amazon musket caps, I picked up a tin of those. Despite the photos and description on Amazon showing reenactment caps, the tin I got was marked multi-purpose, which are supposed to be a bit hotter and work better for live fire than the reenactment caps would.

'On a side note, I can shoot musket caps on my sidelock guns but does anyone make a nipple that allows shooting #11 caps on a musket?'

I used to have one on a 2 band rifle, but I don't recall the brand. But they should be available.

Who has seen ANY # 10's lately? I truly believe they are a thing of the past
I seen a guy walking by at the gun show with a couple 1851 colts. After a nice visit I ended up buying them. We shook hands, and he goes: "OH yeah, this goes with them." And handed me HD plastic bag about the size of a pillow case. It was full of flasks, powder, balls, no10's, and various other stuff. As much as I shoot it is most likely a lifetime supply no 10's .

I saw that guy too. I got a rock

81bgJzNDYBL._SL1500_.jpg

:(

Back