• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moving to Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, the Good Lord has shined on me once again! I will be leaving Nevada in a few weeks and heading North To the Great State Of Oregon!!

I will be in the Bend area! Are there any clubs or shoots near by? I used to Rondyvous quite a bit when I Lived in the Wallowas many many moons ago but mostly in Washington and Idaho. With the wife and young'uns that's a little too fur to wander. But I might make a run at a few as life allows!

I would really like to find some like minded folks to burn powder with!! Maybe even share a campfire with come hunting season. I like to Hunt most anything with a smokepole, so anyone looking for a hunting partner, let me know!

Try this one,they have monthly shoots and 2 big Roundys a year.Good people and good shooting there also.Contact Information
Grizzly Mountain Long Rifles
PO Box 4
Prineville, OR 97754

Title: President
Phone: (541) 447-3306

That phone number is off, belongs to Bullfrog ( Jim Malloy ) phone number for Short Stroke ( Ted Hartman ) is 541-788-2122, There are a couple clubs around the area besides Grizzly Mountain Long Rifles, also Cascade Brigade shoots in the same area and a bit south around La Pine is the Ponderosa Mountain Men, Their big rondy is this weekend.

Good luck as there are many like minded folks in the area.

JRM: I met ApprenticeBuilder on a shoot out east of Prineville if I recall correctly. Nice fella and nice bunch of guys. We lived in Eagle Crest for a couple of years before moving back to the "wet side." Deschutes County is God's Country for sure.

Back