• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New member from Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was gently shamed into making the compulsory introduction post :) I usually prefer to lurk and learn on most internet forums...

I've had a longstanding interest in black powder longrifles - I majored in History in school, and like many (former) military people look back fondly on the tools (including rifles) our forefathers used.

I carried a "black plastic rifle" for much of my military career, I own a few ARs now, and they have never let me down. But nothing compares to the beauty of a nice wooden-stocked rifle...

I'm interested in building a longrifle kit in the near future and have been heavily looking at Kibler - seems like they have a pretty good reputation in this forum.

Thanks for the invite!

Hey Rich! Welcome from KY! My wife’s family is from Salem and we lived thier about 10 years! Kibler makes an excellent product!!

Welcome from Middle TN!

"Can't go wrong with a Kibler"

If you're not schooled in gunsmithing, you can still turn out a dang fine rifle with his kits. You can spend more time watching Kibler's videos than it takes to actually assemble and finish the gun... I think the hardest part of the whole process is figuring out which model and which configuration!

Back