• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from the PNW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PNWtrekker

32 Cal
Reaction score
I live in Washington and do most of my hiking and Bushcrafting on the west (wet) side of the Cascades. I do most of my hunting in Idaho. I do most of my overlanding on the east side of the Cascades with aspirations to spend more time overlanding in eastern Oregon/southwestern Idaho. Hence the name PNWtrekker. I recently acquired a Lyman 1860 Army 44. It is so much fun to shoot and very economical. In the time it takes me to shoot 12 rounds, I would shoot 100+ 9mm or 5.56 rounds. So, now I have the bug. I just purchased a Thompson Center Hawken 50 cal. that should arrive in the mail today. Now I am surfing Gunbroker for a 50 cal. muzzleloading pistol. I think the pistol and rifle will be a nice addition to my Bushcraft kit and will allow me the opportunity to add some meat to the stewpot and do some recreational shooting when I am out. Once I get dialed in, I hope to bag first a deer then an elk with the 50. I am really looking forward to browsing the forum and learning from everyone.

Also Welcome from Western WA, if you're in the S. End the Cascade Mountain Man Expo is this weekend at the Enumclaw Expo Center but today is the last day... Good Times if you can make it... Tons of info and some great deals on gear as well... If you are a N. Ender here is some info on some events coming up this year...

Back