• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More pictures of my finished loading block for .32 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney Smith

58 Cal.
Reaction score
20210701_172554.jpg
20210701_172513.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of my completed loading block for my .32 caliber squirrel rifle. I attached it to the strap of my powder horn with a long enough lanyard to be able to place it on the muzzle without having to stretch things. The patches I'm using are actually for a .45-50 caliber rifle as they're all I have for this gun at the moment. The thickness is just right though, as I've shot these begore. I just cut off the excess at the muzzle. I'm going to try this block at the club just as soon as this Godforsaken heat wave dies down. If it works out OK, I will use it this squirrel season.

View attachment 83278View attachment 83279
Here are a couple pictures of my completed loading block for my .32 caliber squirrel rifle. I attached it to the strap of my powder horn with a long enough lanyard to be able to place it on the muzzle without having to stretch things. The patches I'm using are actually for a .45-50 caliber rifle as they're all I have for this gun at the moment. The thickness is just right though, as I've shot these begore. I just cut off the excess at the muzzle. I'm going to try this block at the club just as soon as this Godforsaken heat wave dies down. If it works out OK, I will use it this squirrel season.
Nice. One thing I do when I use a loading block is to have the ball protrude from the block. The ball will just begin to fit into the barrel so the short starter or ramrod is pushing against an aligned ball. There won't be much left in the block for that little ball to rest against but it will make loading easier.

Agreed. When I go hunting, I load the block so the ball sticks out of the block just enough so I can align it with the bore. In the photo I just loaded them in the block just to show how it would look while holding balls.

View attachment 83278View attachment 83279
Here are a couple pictures of my completed loading block for my .32 caliber squirrel rifle. I attached it to the strap of my powder horn with a long enough lanyard to be able to place it on the muzzle without having to stretch things...

Nice looking block, I need to make or buy a couple.

If you dont want it swinging free at the end of the cord, you could make another hole in the strap above the existing one, run the cord back out the second hole, and leave a couple inches of cord past the knot. You could then pull that tail to bring the block up out of the way, if the holes and cord are sized right, it should stay in place with the tension but be able to be pulled down to use without issue. It would likely require a slightly longer cord than currently on it.

Nah. I just tuck the block inside my hunting vest. I so the same thing with the block for my .54 caliber. No big thing.

Was thinking about doing a new block for my .32, did a search and found this thread
Some really great stuff here !!

Here are two that I made many years ago for my .50 - holds prelubed TC Maxi-Balls

Attachments

• 20200917_024421.jpg
    20200917_024421.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200917_024430.jpg
    20200917_024430.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210810_152142.jpg
    20210810_152142.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210810_152228.jpg
    20210810_152228.jpg