• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Moose loads?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a fine looking rifle, cptleo. I've been drawn to the Jaeger style for a long time, but kind of written them off because most I've seen are in the 50-54 caliber range. I've been contemplating styles for a 62 caliber build, but had written off the Jaeger. Thanks for opening my mind!

bigbore442001 said:
I'd worry about getting the permit first. The New England moose hunts are very hard to get drawn. I personally know people who have applied since their inception and have never been picked.

Well, the state drew the lottery today and my 12yo son pulled an antlerless tag for WMU D2A :thumbsup:
He wont find out until tomorrow when I pick him up from Conservation Camp (if he dosn't pass his hunter safety test, I'm not going to tell him.)

hope he passes, I'd really like to hunt moose with my boy... the problem is, if he takes a moose his first year out, I'll have to take him to Africa to keep him from getting jaded :rotf:

cut it up and let him carry it out and he will never think of gone to Africa! :rotf:

Back