• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Military Heritage India-made Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this viewpoint may have surfaced in this mile-long thread but I'll put it out there again. Some of us cannot afford the upper priced muskets; those India-made firearms are the only ones in our price range. And the response to that is usually " save up, even if it takes time". That solution just doesn't fit in some of our financial circumstances. If it took me two years to squirrel enough away to afford one of the higher priced options I still couldn't spend that amount on myself. We aren't poor but we surely aren't well-to-do either. Spending that amount on a gun just won't happen while we buy store brand instead of name brand, ask our health care providers if there's a less expensive prescription medication to treat health issues and in general work to figure ways to make it on fixed incomes. Not seeking pity here, just putting it out there. And I'm sure there are others in similar circumstances. If you can buy the pricer options I'm glad for you. Some of us just cannot justify those expenditures.

....Sound financial advice is unwelcome here.
.... and what are your professional credentials for giving same? CFA? CFP? CFC? ChFC? MFP? PFS? QFP? RFC? RFP? RIA? Series 6? Series 7? Or just: "what works for me should work for everyone else"?

Last edited:
the muzzleloader shop, ltd. | Get the most "CLICK…ssssssss…BANG for your buck" I got my English trade gun here and I'm very happy with it so far! They come ready to shoot, touch hole drilled and they don't have that cheap varnish that cracks off. Tax, shipping and all it came to just over 800.00, they are from Loyalist Arms, Indian made and usually in stock ready to ship. There should be an old post with pic's that I posted earlier this year. Whatever you decide, It's all fun!

the muzzleloader shop, ltd. | Get the most "CLICK…ssssssss…BANG for your buck" I got my English trade gun here and I'm very happy with it so far! They come ready to shoot, touch hole drilled and they don't have that cheap varnish that cracks off. Tax, shipping and all it came to just over 800.00, they are from Loyalist Arms, Indian made and usually in stock ready to ship. There should be an old post with pic's that I posted earlier this year. Whatever you decide, It's all fun!
So, what's their catch? A distributor or do they order the parts and assemble to sell as proofed, useable, and functional?

You don't want one of my guns? I think I'm going to have a cry now.

Why, did you think I was badmouthing your work or something?

.... and what are your professional credentials for giving same? CFA? CFP? CFC? ChFC? MFP? PFS? QFP? RFC? RFP? RIA? Series 6? Series 7? Or just: "what works for me should work for everyone else"?
Lot of things, but none of those I'm afraid.

It amazes me how someone can spout literally nothing but vitriol, condemnation, and disdain and then whine how they don't fit in and nobody appreciates their "superior" opinion.

Anyway, the diagnosis is complete. Button has been pushed, nothing of value there.

Anyway, the diagnosis is complete. Button has been pushed, nothing of value there.
Sorry you're having a bad day. Sometimes waiting to push the button is a better idea. Ask me how I know.

No, on second thought, don't ask.

Sorry you're having a bad day. Sometimes waiting to push the button is a better idea. Ask me how I know.

No, on second thought, don't ask.

I'm having a fine day, there was just that one last thing. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt even though most that need it don't deserve it in the first place. Now that I know for sure, "click".

Folks desire different things. And what comes with those things are different experiences. I want a Kibler but I know it,s not feasible right now. I opted in for a pedrosoli queen anne...just for a taste of something different. Easy to get it look good and it does what it supposed to do, still have a couple of long guns to shoot. It is good that folks share their experiences on here.

Instant gratification seems to be what society is all about these days.
Two to five year wait is fine. It would take me three years to save for a custom
What do I do in the mean time?
Yes buy the best you can afford, but lives too short to miss out on fun cause you can’t have the best
I can enjoy a forty dollar brandy. I would rather have that than five time more for the best.
I’ll oh and ah over your gun, I’ll be jealous of it, but I’ll be happy to shoot my inexpensive shooter

Two to five year wait is fine. It would take me three years to save for a custom
What do I do in the mean time?
Yes buy the best you can afford, but lives too short to miss out on fun cause you can’t have the best
I can enjoy a forty dollar brandy. I would rather have that than five time more for the best.
I’ll oh and ah over your gun, I’ll be jealous of it, but I’ll be happy to shoot my inexpensive shooter
After all the result is holes in paper or Deer.

Anouther vote for Loyalist, have a Charleville dragoon from them, sparkes great and shoots straight. Also have the dragoon pistol that goes with it. They come with the touch hole drilled but ship the lock separate.
I purchased a Sea Service pistol from them 20 plus years ago and have not had any failures. Recently purchased a Pattern 1853 barrel from them as I have an Enfield manufactured "mutiny musket" (Not IMA) as the original barrel Mr. Hoyt felt was too far gone to reline. The barrel is of excellent quality and will make it possible to take to the range and use. I of course have kept the original barrel for those who cringe at any changes to an antique.

I have owned several of the India made muskets and they have all been very nice guns ! They were all accurate and well made. The fit and finish could have been better but they are just as good as Thompson Center and Traditions factory made guns ! I just purchased a Chiefs trade gun from Military Heritage and shot it for the first time yesterday ! I hit a 5 gallon bucket dead center at 55 yards off hand with it , using 75 grains of 3x powder with a patched 62 caliber round ball ! The gun sparked very well and ignition was right on! I did not think I would hit anywhere close to the bucket at that range, but 3 more shots in the same place was enough for me to like the gun ! The fit of the trigger guard and other furniture could have been finished a lot better, but for $600 I am very happy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back