• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pecatonia River Fusil de Chasse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice- if you have any questions about anything on them feel free to ask. It’s a fine long gun and Might be my favorite one to build.
never built a kit but interested, is this company something i can take on as a first kit? I have some woodworking experience and mechanical experience. Enough not to hurt myself but not enough to impress anyone

never built a kit but interested, is this company something i can take on as a first kit? I have some woodworking experience and mechanical experience. Enough not to hurt myself but not enough to impress anyone
Pecatonica was the first and only company I used for gun kit building (about 8 or 9 guns) until Kibler came along. They are not that difficult but they have some challenges.

I have been working wood over 50 years still don't know if I have enough skill to impress anyone. Thought I had enough to keep from getting hurt till I stuck that half inch razor sharp chisel a half inch into my hand fitting a double barrel hammer gun receiver into the stock. These little steps are called experience and experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Anybody have any experience with this Fusil de Chasse kit from Pecatonia River Long Rifle Supply?
http://www.longrifles-pr.com/tulle.shtml
I have built several for customers. Very nice kits. Top grade parts. They are at a slow period at the moment. They should be able to knock it out fairly quickly for you. Semper Fi.
PS, Get an updated price from Doug or Steve. The on-line price is way out of date.

You can't rely on the pricing on their website. Waaaay out of date. They are happy to provide accurate figures if you call or email.
thank you for the heads up! I have been looking at those kibler kits as well so i will take these into consideration come april when uncle sam says i can have some of my money back

Don't get the lock inlet, don't get the lock inlet, DON'T GET THE LOCK INLETED! You may be happy, then again you may be very unhappy with their job, like me and bunch of other folk.
You unhappy with the internal lock works inlet cavity or the exterior inlet for the lock plate? Or both?

Back