• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Marbles Bird and Trout Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeC

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this neck knife. Was most concerned with quality.

I'm referring to the USA made knife, my understanding is that they are now made in China but I know a retailer that has some of the USA made knives in stock.

Mike

Mike,
Just because they are stamped made in China, dose not mean the material is made there..

I sell knives that state the same, but the materials are made in Germany and then ship to China. It's cheaper to be assembled there to keep the cost down.

Check the stamping on the blade to see what your getting in steel type and grade..

MikeC said:
Anyone have any experience with this neck knife. Was most concerned with quality.

I'm referring to the USA made knife, my understanding is that they are now made in China but I know a retailer that has some of the USA made knives in stock.

Mike

Marbles is a 100+ year old company with a reputation for providing qulaity products since the turn of the century. Most of the premier outdoorsman of the early 20th century used and recommended their products. Nesmuck, Kephart and others used their line along with thousands of other outdoorsmen.

Marbles Knives, compasses and match-safes were the standard all others chased after in the preWWII era. They are still fantastic designs and products, all any outdoorsman normally would need for long term woods use.

The knife you are referring too looks very similar to the neck knives made from trap springs that have become popular in the past few years.

Even the Marbles China made stuff is good quality.

My only concern about the knife is the lack of a hand filling grip or stock on the knife. Its obviously an all steel knife, and should stand up to years of use, as intended.

I would not worry about any knives made in China. The companies dictate strict product requirements, and some even send over their own inspectors to approve a lot before its shipped back here for sale. The Chinese are very hungry for business, and to learn how to make tools that can compete with famous brands and models sold here.

There are companies that have figured out how to make tools cheaper than they can be made and shipped back here from Asian countries, and as a result, many of the products that went East, are coming back to being made here. Buck Knives is one company that comes to mind. A client of mine supplies the wood insert grips to Buck for its most common folding knife,( I believe its the Buck Model 101), and while those grips were make in Asian for awhile, they are now made here in Central Illinois. )

I can't see buying from the enemy if it can be helped.

I will use things made in China if I plan on abusing or ruining them pretty quickly. I consider them disposable.

Mark: I don't like buying foreign made stuff either. I buy American whenever I can. However, when so much stuff sold by American corporations have parts made in other countries, its pretty hard to be too orthodox about all this. I do know that being able to have somethings made overseas has allowed some small companies to remain in business here, and keep their employees working. In small towns, these payrolls are the lifeblood of the community, so I am not as fast to judge harshly those companies that send things overseas to build. I do wish they would find ways to get that work back here in the States. My client has been so successful in taking work back away from asia, Eastern Europe, and even Africa, that he is visited here by the CEOs, and V-Ps of gun companies from all over the world to see how he does it. They are very impressed with his factory and tooling, and his ability to quickly tool up to make a different line of product. Some of the companies are in fact copying his ideas to upgrade their production facilities as I write. He takes a very broad view of all this, and has decided that its okay for them to use his ideas( without compensation) because there is a great deal of loyalty within the industry, and these Execs. remember who helped them. His company is growing every year, and he is not short of work.

Oh, he started his business working out of his garage. :grin: :shocked2: :rotf: :thumbsup:

ghost said:
MikeC said:

Mike

Marbles is a 100+ year old company with a reputation for providing qulaity products since the turn of the century. Most of the premier outdoorsman of the early 20th century used and recommended their products. Nesmuck, Kephart and others used their line along with thousands of other outdoorsmen.

Marbles Knives, compasses and match-safes were the standard all others chased after in the preWWII era. They are still fantastic designs and products, all any outdoorsman normally would need for long term woods use.

The knife you are referring too looks very similar to the neck knives made from trap springs that have become popular in the past few years.

Even the Marbles China made stuff is good quality.

Ghost,
I have my grandfathers marble knife he got as a wedding present in 1920, I butchered every deer elk or moose I killed or guided with it until Marble came back on line a few years ago, now I own four of their skinning knifes and love every one.

Mark Lewis said:
I can't see buying from the enemy if it can be helped.

I will use things made in China if I plan on abusing or ruining them pretty quickly. I consider them disposable.

Please, let's keep the politics confined to the "American Politics and Social Issues " forum only.

Thanks

Back