• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Manhatten Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btech

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Bought my first collector gun. Manhattan 36 cal pocket revolver. By the serial number, it is a series II and was made in late 1860. These were never military issued but a lot were carried as personal side arms by officers. Working on getting it ready to shoot.

ManhattenRevolver2.jpg

Excellent...those old guns deserve to be lovingly cared for and put back in shooting order. Congratulations and giv'em hell! :thumbsup: :wink:

That's a neat piece :wink:
I had one in my hands at a recent gun show and was surprised to see the stamp and learn the history of the Manhatten.

I have Manhattans and Londons. Please be careful -- they are generally very well used/not in especially good shooting condition.

I've been thru the gun and it looks pretty good. Ordered some new repro internal parts so it will function smoother. Of course, I will keep the original ones. Gotta see if I can get the nipples out when I get the right wrench. Barrel and cylinder look good.

A friend of mine took one of those screw driver things that take ratchet bits,can't remember if he epoxied it on or had it welded on,but it was perfect for taking nipples off,stright shot with i think he said 5/8s,no slippage or breaking.He loade up a few cylinders for me and took off one nipple for safety,i am a bit of a novice at this also,but i don't really have a handy place to shoot here unless i drive at least 30 miles up towards the Sequoias~ :( We have a range but ya have to be a member and shoot at certain times.

I made this out of a 3/16" socket for my regular size revolvers. It works great on 1/4" drive wrench. When I got my Pietta Colt one of the nipples was very, very tight. This got it right out.

NippleWrench.jpg

Latest posts

Back