• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making what you need.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind if there is "variety" within a thread, kinda like having carrots in the beef stew. The "variety" tends to help folks find other things related to the thread. The other day I was reminded something I was needing to do, boom, there it was.

I don't mind if there is "variety" within a thread, kinda like having carrots in the beef stew. The "variety" tends to help folks find other things related to the thread. The other day I was reminded something I was needing to do, boom, there it was.
Thank you, some people don't mind a little variety at all. It does however seem to irritate at least one person though. I was aware that there were SOME female members. I know of 2 or 3. I just have no idea as to how many. Once again thanks for your understanding.

Secret plans for the chairs huh?

Nope no secret like most of the things I cobble together, I just pulled measurements from the chair on the right in the pic...

I may have a template lying around somewhere for the long curved pieces but it don’t have an actual pattern, I only made the two chairs,
But they do sit good!

C8A8959F-1341-44C0-AB28-6EAD58A37CB8.jpeg

DA9989D7-D4D9-473D-9CDB-D811CF127CE0.jpeg

A couple more projects

Nope no secret like most of the things I cobble together, I just pulled measurements from the chair on the right in the pic...

I may have a template lying around somewhere for the long curved pieces but it don’t have an actual pattern, I only made the two chairs,
But they do sit good!
Thank you. They look real nice, and comfortable. Would love to make a couple. A friend has a decent amount of woodworking tools, and skills. A small store opened down the street from him that only sells locally made crafts and local handcrafted products, wood furniture or garden/yard art, soaps, candles, etc. A couple of these would sell well.

Eutycus, I don't think you have done anything wrong. Isn't this forum for asking questions? People ask questions they know the answer to to remind us what we should remember. This is a family friendly site and we have to remember that.

If I can figure this camera out, I'll send along a picture of a knife sheath I made for my Barlow. It's really a pocket knife but I prefer it on the belt. On second thought I might just hold off sending the picture. This sheath isn't quite finished yet. I may put some turquoise beads on it?

If I can figure this camera out, I'll send along a picture of a knife sheath I made for my Barlow. It's really a pocket knife but I prefer it on the belt. On second thought I might just hold off sending the picture. This sheath isn't quite finished yet. I may put some turquoise beads on it?
You can make something that’s well crafted and you can stick something on your outfit that’s not perfect, as none of us are perfect, and one of my favorite photos in my album is a mountain man taking a photo of me while I’m taking a photo of him.
But where would you have gotten turquoise beads?

Oh these aren't real. I meant turquoise colored. The beads themselves are more than likely plastic. Kind of like your post said "none of us are perfect". My actual turquoise is still a maybe. I can't quite bring myself to break it into little pieces. It belonged to my mother.

Anyone who has studied American Indians knows there was an unbelievable amount of trading between the tribes.
Sea shells from the Pacific ocean have been found far inland and special rocks like turquoise are found far from the places where they naturally are found.

Turquoise and Navajo jewelry are fairly well known items in the Southwest.I hope this doesn't upset anyone but I feel a question coming on. Is turquoise known and/or available in the eastern and northern states?

As Zoni pointed out trade between tribes moved goods across the continent. Macaw feathers fromcentral America got in to pueblo Anasazi sites and Mississippian sites. Obsidian from the Pacific Northwest got in to Mississippian sights also. Great Lakes copper got in to Florida. So it’s possible that south west turquoise got on to the colonial coast.
I’ve not heard of it in eastern sites, but blue is a rare color in nature and if you could get your hands on something blue I bet folks would try. The Anasazi were using turquoise well before Dine (Navajo and Apache) arrived in the area and Anasazi trades turquoise in to central Mexico even though it was mined there too.

You can make something that’s well crafted and you can stick something on your outfit that’s not perfect, as none of us are perfect, and one of my favorite photos in my album is a mountain man taking a photo of me while I’m taking a photo of him.
But where would you have gotten turquoise beads?

Did you have the sudden feeling that you were in a duel? Lol

But that’s a very true statement you made, everyone one has their quirks....

A Mans gotta’ have a little fun!

Would love too see the pic tenngun.

Last edited:
Smo
You got me curious, what did you use for "eyes"on that coon quiver?

Uterus, em’s .648 Rush Creek round balls....

I been told I have nice balls before.

D47CF45E-7132-4896-9FD6-7B52688555B5.jpeg

Back