• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman Clean Out Screw size

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morehops52

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just replied recently to the thread about a buggered clean out screw saying I never took mine out. Got home from the range the other day and when I cleaned my GPH barrel I found the the clean out screw had come out. It's not stripped so I don't think it blew out, but I need another one. I found one place online that has them but didn't indicate the size. Searching here hasn't helped. Calipers measure 3.75mm outside thread diam x 6mm long. I'm going to Ace Hardware and would like to know what designation to look for. Thanks for help.

I guess I'll have to wrap up the barrel so it looks like a pipe and take it with me. I was hoping that someone with experience in this type of screw might have given me something like M3x6 hexhead or whatever. As it's a Lyman it shoud be metric and what little know (?) about metric threads this small is M2= 2mm, M3= 3mm, Ect. I don't know if there is a M3.75 or if there is a different designation I should b e looking for.

I have a Lyman Great Plains Hunter flintlock that I bought a few years ago and it's made by Investarms of Italy. The screws on the rifle are metric. Of course I can't check the cleanout screw because it doesn't have one but the flash hole screw is metric. My suggestion is to go to the hardware store and see if they have any metric set screws and buy several. Fastenal is another option.

Latest posts

Back