• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for strap material

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along the same line does anyone make good leather shoe laces anymore? I got some lacing from a ML supplier and I broke the darn thing tying it onto a horn.
FWIW, Crazy Crow sells these for laces, but note some is out of stock ...

BootLace.jpg

Found on Amazon under "chair weaving material".

I bought a roll of this exact material some years back. I used it on a few projects and I guess it has worked okay. I got it at Walmart, if memory serves me, and cut it into two 1" straps. My problem with it was the way it kept trying to unravel. I cut many strings that came loose from it and looked for a way to solve that problem.

I ended up rubbing various glues on the side edges. It worked fairly well and now I get only the occasional cords coming loose. I'll likely never use it again unless I find it in 1" widths.
Here's a photo of the one bag I used that strap material on.
PICT0568-zps9df29541.jpg

Along the same line does anyone make good leather shoe laces anymore? I got some lacing from a ML supplier and I broke the darn thing tying it onto a horn. The laces we got years ago were a whole lot stronger. So was I so this ain't just nostalgia talking.
Wal-Mart.

Back