• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Local Gunshop just got a 50 cal. ml in and I got it.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmer1007

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My local gun shop just got a 50 cal muzzle loader marked M Avance. I could not pass up the quality of the rifle for $400.00

Can anyone advise the style of the rifle. any suggested loads Any infor on M Avance.

ml006-Copy.jpg

ml005-Copy.jpg

ml001-Copy.jpg

ml008.jpg

you didnt buy it! you stole it! seriously that is a very nice rifle, and a great great price! matt avance is a well known builder.....google him and also do a search here and you will find lots of info. i really like the look of that rifle!

Cable's got it right, you stole that one. At $400 you could double your money in a heart beat.
Mark

The dealer got 2 rifles (both marked M Avance) in from the same guy. One was a Flintlock and I talked a friend of mine into getting that one at the same price. Makes me wonder what the dealer gave for them. :shake:

Musta bin somebody's widow threw em away. WOW you stole 2 guns fer sure. :hatsoff:

You couldn't have Matt build you that rifle for three times that price. I never see deals like that. It's a Tennessee rifle - similar to the SMR - though the stock style is quite different. You got a treasure.

Congrats on the steal. You have a keeper there. If anything, I would've tried to buy both, but that was your only mistake. Now run off and buy a lotto ticket instead of talking to us! :thumbsup:

Buddy that's the black powder equivalent of the 63 Chevy in the old lady's barn that turns out to be a Corvette...

Lord...why doesn't that happen to me? I can assure you nobody else would have been called! I'd of bought both of them before the dealer came out of his coma!

I know you won't like it. They are hard to get to shoot well and mis-fire all the time. Then after that they are a PITA to clean. I'll give ya what ya paid for it and throw in another C note for your trouble :grin: .

Seriously, you and your buddy got the deals of the century. TVM rifles are good "semi-custom" rifles. I suspect that both of the ones you guys stole may have been made by him before Matt became TVM? Which would, in my eyes, make them "customs".

I emailed TVM about this rifle and this is the response I got:

"
Good Morning Mr. (Elmer),
The Leman rifle in your photo was build for Mr. C---- in the first quarter of 2002. It has a Siler Mountain percussion lock and #4 Davis double set triggers. Loads for that rifle you can start at 50 to 60 grains 3f powder , .490 round ball ,15 to 18 thousandths patch. Shooting your powder charge should settle in around 70 to 75 grains.
If you have any other questions please feel free to drop us a line.
Thank You,
Rod"

Names changed for privacy.

Back