• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lil Debbie got a new ramrod!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
XHwkzVQ.jpg

I'm taking Lil Debbie to Mexico this coming April to hunt Gould's turkeys with her. I finally had a chance to go to the range last week to do some pattern work and ended up breaking her dang ramrod! I was not surprised, since something ALWAYS goes wrong when I tote a gun to the range. So, anyway, I didn't want to be in the same bind on my trip so I finished up a new ramrod for her yesterday and then made an extra for "just in case". Now I need to get back to the range to finish getting her patterned.

Za2ZB9q.jpeg

CfnMab5.jpeg

Darren

Personally I'd make sure my loading never put stress on the rammer.

Some shotguns have really thin rammers, no way are they going to tackle them dumb nitro cards and fibre wads.

My problem occurred when I was cleaning a barrel in the field. My ramrod got stuck and when I grabbed the end with some pliers to get a better grip, I broke the end of the ramrod off. I didn't bring any cleaning oil with me to loosen the stuck rod, so I had to head back to the house to take care of everything there.

Darren

Latest posts

Back