• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got me a new shootin' iron

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stamp the bottom of the barrel with a serial number. Works for getting into Canada.

Fleener

38VUcJC.jpg

I've been wanting a flintlock SxS smoothbore for probably as long as I've been shooting black powder. Having one custom made will be out of the question until my father dies and wills me the Haverstick Fortune. So I finally saved up my pennies and bought a Pedersoli from Dixie Gun Works. She was delivered yesterday and I scampered off to the woods as soon as I was able so I could break her in.

The gun is a 20 gauge with the left barrel having a modified choke and the right barrel being a cylinder bore. She is 44 1/4" long and weighs around 7 3/4 pounds. The barrels are browned and the furniture is polished steel. I bought the fancy model because, you know, I'm a gentleman. I think I'm gonna call her "Little Debbie" because she's short and sweet.

The ignition is great but she definitely needs some trigger work. The first time I had a bead on a squirrel, I thought I was going to have to use both hands to pull the trigger! Needless to say, that shot got pulled. The next squirrel, though, was not so lucky. If anyone knows how to adjust the triggers on one of these, I am all ears.

I hope to be able to take her to Mexico next year to shoot a Gould's in the head.

Darren

XHwkzVQ.jpg

yAnY9DU.jpg

K1Q8VqT.jpg

pmitmlk.jpg

SJwiIEy.jpg

MFsYNb0.jpg

mlakZjP.jpg

jXDNrUM.jpg

Y8jWzyP.jpg

l28fgoH.jpg
A double Wđź‘€W!! She'z a beautiful thing to have for sure!

38VUcJC.jpg

I've been wanting a flintlock SxS smoothbore for probably as long as I've been shooting black powder. Having one custom made will be out of the question until my father dies and wills me the Haverstick Fortune. So I finally saved up my pennies and bought a Pedersoli from Dixie Gun Works. She was delivered yesterday and I scampered off to the woods as soon as I was able so I could break her in.

The gun is a 20 gauge with the left barrel having a modified choke and the right barrel being a cylinder bore. She is 44 1/4" long and weighs around 7 3/4 pounds. The barrels are browned and the furniture is polished steel. I bought the fancy model because, you know, I'm a gentleman. I think I'm gonna call her "Little Debbie" because she's short and sweet.

The ignition is great but she definitely needs some trigger work. The first time I had a bead on a squirrel, I thought I was going to have to use both hands to pull the trigger! Needless to say, that shot got pulled. The next squirrel, though, was not so lucky. If anyone knows how to adjust the triggers on one of these, I am all ears.

I hope to be able to take her to Mexico next year to shoot a Gould's in the head.

Darren

XHwkzVQ.jpg

yAnY9DU.jpg

K1Q8VqT.jpg

pmitmlk.jpg

SJwiIEy.jpg

MFsYNb0.jpg

mlakZjP.jpg

jXDNrUM.jpg

Y8jWzyP.jpg

l28fgoH.jpg
They are complex instruments! The frizzen- to- pan interface should be real tight to avoid 'flash over'. Very handsome!

Back